View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 02:07 AM   #663
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miro23 View Post
The on/off/on switch does sound easy but I don't want to just have them on. I want to be able to control the brightness when I drive.

I'm learning about all this lingo so I'm going to do some homework on the following: Crimped, Spade/Ring Terminal/ TTap/ Mating terminal, fuse holder, SPDT Single Pole Double Throw, COM, Acc Power location.

What dimmer switch would you all recommend? Something not too expensive but will dim and turn off and on.
Yes with an on/off/on or a SPDT switch you can wire a dimmer inline to one side to allow you to dim it or turn it off. I will draw something up for you tomorrow and get back to you.

As far as a dimmer. AAC has one for $16.95,CLICK HERE looks like a high quality item that will last a while. It would need to be hidden under the dash or some where out of sight.

They also have this tiny one that I use in my car. It is $14.95 CLICK HERE
I got mine from Ivan @ Southwest Speed, I can't find it on his site but I know he sells them. Anyway I like it because it's small and super easy to wire up. Plus it has different modes, you can have it on solid, or multiple different strobe types. Heart beat strobe, etc. and you can adjust the speed and brightness with this controller as well.
Currently mine is installe dINLINE with the dome light I plan to wire it inline with a SPDT witch here soon, so that I can have htem on while driving.

Oznium also carries one that is much smaller, but looks pretty interesting. it is $12.99
CLICK HERE