View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 07:16 AM   #8
trashbasket

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WDlifeform View Post
I spun a bearing, and need to get the motor out to take it to the shop. I do not have a lift.. I know the preference with our motor is to take it out the bottom, but it is not an option for me. Looking for advice/tips/tricks for picking out the top.

Can it be done without breaking the seal on the AC system? Hope to move the components out of the way and not evacuate the refrigerant. Just a hope.

Getting started on this tonight. I'll start with removing the easy things, and drain the oil today. Not looking forward to this, but I don't want to go a summer without my car, so, diving in.

FWIW: 2014 SS LS3, cammed/tunned + bolt ons. 486whp. 68,000 miles. about 40,000 of those miles with the cam and tune.
You could probably not break the A/C open, but its not worth the trouble tbh. Absolutely take the hood off, do not attempt without doing that. Its a pain and you will probably break something.

Others have good advice here so pay attention to what they have to say.
Easier to pull as shortblock if thats an option, bellhousing bolts much easier. Some pics for reference. Let us know if you run into any snags.