View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #6
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
[QUOTE=DevilKnightFalcon;859657]Just got this installed yesterday. I will post some more videos as soon as I can.

First off the body shop that installed this exhaust absolutely hated it. They said the entire system needs to be shortened by about an inch and that they didn't make the tips properly so they actually had to resize them at the shop to make it so they wouldn't stick out like 3-4 inches behind the car. With that said I will say that the exhaust does sound very nice and is one of the only ones I have heard where I actually like how it sounds at idle. It does make the cabin much louder, so if you are concerned about a quiet cabin or hearing "drone" you may way to avoid this exhaust. The sound when you step on it is fantastic, i'll try to get a take off video up today. If you have any other questions just let me know.

Thanks for the info.......

If your guy is correct MBRP has made a LARGE mistake.
I don't think the tips should stick out 3-4 inches.
From the top of tips by the top part of the black plastic (where the top of the tip comes to the top of the 5" opening in the plastic, Not the farthest rear part of the plastic) ..MOST mods. are even or out maybe 1/4 to 1/2" at the most........

Where did he cut the pipes ? How much did he cut off ?

A close up of your tips would be helpful.
From the little I can see, they seam to stick out a little too far.
A take off video would be great.........

Last edited by 97one; 08-29-2009 at 03:38 PM. Reason: explain measurement point
97one is offline   Reply With Quote