View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
Asylum
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Black on Black Manual 6
SPI Performance Presents F - 117 V3.0

SPI Performance, Presents: The F - 117.

Hey C5! I just wanted to take a few moments to share with you my experience with both SPI

Performance, and what my 2SS RS means to me.

My Car:

I bought my car and picked it up last year at the end of September. In that time I began researching about what types of things we can do to these cars. Over the course of the winter I spent almost every night reading our forums here at Camaro5. Reviewing each and every section for the whos who of performance, best bang for the buck, warranty information, ect.

As time went on I started realizing that although I was very happy with my car I wanted to make it mine. I wanted the car to reflect my personality. And thus the hunt began.

The Look I was going for is as follows:
-> 1.) Aggressive
-> 2.) Angry
-> 3.) Stealth
-> 4.) Clean
-> 5.) Tasteful
-> 6.) Obnoxious
-> 7.) Loud

See... the hard part after you come up with what you want to do is finding a place to get it done. Being Canadian and living in Ontario we have an abundance of automotive enthusiasts shops - BUT - what we do not have or as far as I knew was a place that I could go where the 2010 Camaro could be safely modded. Lets be clear about one thing. I - do not - make 100,000+ a year so for me getting things done right the first time is imperative. This is not a 5000.00 Civic were talking here, its a brand new camaro that high school coop kids should NEVER be touching!

It was about three weeks ago when I decided I wanted to actively seek out a performance shop that was as enthusiastic as I am when it comes to my car. Let me be the first to say:

I spoke to SLP performance spoke with them in regards to the header package 30213. I had lots of questions, and got very few answers. I was told they would call me back the following morning. It never came

I tried to get a hold of orange10s.c. of GARYS CUSTOM to inquire about the Heritage Grill
We got as far as : -> I provided him postal code and shipping information. He responded with I'll get back with you.... Never did.

This discouraged me quite a bit. All I wanted was to be able to personalize my car so it was suited to me. Sadly I was almost ready to give up and accept the car stays the way it is. At wits end with no luck I was just about ready to pull the plug.

After browsing the forums I recalled a thread posted in regards to SPI Performance.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=SPI

I called up SPI Performance spoke to Alain Lajoie, Manager of SPI. Not only was Alain professional, helpful, and full of answers to my long list of questions. The only time he asked something of me was to come down when I had a chance, check out there 2SS and see what my thoughts are on it. I was shocked!

The following morning, I made my way down to SPI Performance.
I met both Alain and Andrew Turner, Owner of SPI Performance. I was greated with open arms, and they both seemed VERY excited about my ideas and projects. I was able to take their SPI Level 2 packaged 2SS for a spin before conversation went any further.

I inquired about the possibility of doing their STAGE 2, if they had parts in stock.. ect.. I decided to go with their STAGE 2 Kit. Which they installed THAT DAY! I was booked in for suspension package as well, which was installed a few days later. I mentioned to Alain that I was interested in the heritage grill for the camaro. This is what he did for me..

He researched for quite sometime, and insured that I received the best bang for my buck.
Few days later, that was on to..

Now let me tell you some things about SPI Performance.

1.) When you go down there, you are treated like a FRIEND, not just a face with a wallet.
2.) You are educated on your decisions, making you better informed on the pros and cons.
3.) Your car is taken care of, SNAP ON fender blankets, full hoists, every precaution taken.
4.) If the quality and care put into your vehicle is on your mind let me throw out some key things
a.) They build Gumball Race Cars
b.) They have numerous race cars built and stored
c.) They do full restorations from mild to wild i.e., a 69 Camaro getting a Twin Turbo setup full restoration
d.) On there board in the shop floor you can see 'Dans Viper 11:00am' type stuff.

These guys have been around for years, specializing in high performance, clean installs, that leave your jaw dropped and leave you wanting more like a horse power addiction.

They do everything there, oil changes, full builds, parts installs, I mean hell you name it they do it. Custom Tuning, Dyno on site, I implore, hell I demand anyone who has a Camaro or has an interest in doing a few things here and there to seriously check these guys out.

To me SPI Performance is my new home away from home. I know my Camaro is in good hands, and the level of detail and care put into everything they do leaves me overly satisfied. In my mind I had a vision, an idea if you will and SPI Performance, Andrew Turner and Alain Lajoie turned that dream into a reality. I now have my Mona Lisa.

Its without further wait I present to you, My F 117, created and developed at SPI Performance.

Exterior Mods:
-- Custom Powder Coat Egg Shell Metallic Black Rims.
-- GM Ground FX Package, Color Matched to Exterior.
-- Heritage Grill Installed, Debadged.
-- 15% Tint (Doors, Side Window, Rear Windshield).

Performance Mods:
-- Dynatech Long Tube Headers
-- Dynatech High Flow Cats
-- Hennessy Performance CAI, W/Heat Shield
-- Hotchkis 1" Lowering Springs
-- Hotchkis Front and Rear Sway Bars
-- (Ordered, Waiting on Arrival: PFADT Strut Bar)
-- SLP Loudmouth 1 Exhaust
-- MBRP Exhaust Tips, to fit GFX Defuser.

-- REMEMBER GUYS -- There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Attached Images

Last edited by Asylum; 05-22-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote