Thread: P0014
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
P0014

So this morning I went to the movies, I had about 40 miles left in the tank according to the fuel range meter. I went in 2 hrs later come out and start up the car, first I get a weird warning on the speedo saying "Engine power reduced" and also the low fuel warning came up.

So the start was really weird, and the engine revs were really weird sounding. So I went ahead and shut the car off for a few mins, while I checked, oil and the wires and hoses in the engine compartment. I then went ahead and start the car up and it's fine but the CEL is on, I move over to the gas station across the street, the car's a little jerky and fill up. I filled about 16.9 gallons.

Check the oil after letting it sit for a little and the level is fine, it's in the crosshatch. But the CEL is still on, drive home which is about 15 mins away. The drive was fine, in face just as good as it's always been, I did not notice any engine power issues. Get home and check the code and this is what I get....

P0014 "B" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 1)

I have been using 93 gas for about 3 weeks, drove about 600 miles with this gas, but this was just weird.

I did a search for the code on the site and this is what I found....

http://camaro5.com/forums/search.php?searchid=13512805

I hope it's not closer to the second thread and this was just a weird once in a blue moon thing. I cleared the code and I will see if I get this again tomorrow.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote