Thread: P0014
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #9
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
FWIW, I found this on a Traverse forum.

Just a little information I found using the service manual about the P0014 code your dealer came up with. I would think it may be powertrain warranty because of what it controls, or it could also be emissions. I would check and see if the timing chain had been worked on in the past on your used Traverse, since that is one of the conditions which may set the P0014 if it wasn't done properly, as noted in the service manual.

The camshaft position (CMP) actuator system enables the engine control module (ECM) to change the timing of the camshafts while the engine is operating. The CMP actuator solenoid signal from the ECM is pulse width modulated (PWM). The ECM controls the CMP actuator solenoid duty cycle by controlling the amount of solenoid ON time. The CMP actuator solenoid controls the advance or the retard of each camshaft. The CMP actuator solenoid controls the oil flow that applies the pressure to advance or retard the camshafts.

• The engine oil condition has a major impact on the camshaft actuator system.
• A low oil level condition may set this DTC. The engine may require an oil change. Inquire with the customer when the last oil change was performed. You may also monitor the scan tool Engine Oil Life parameter. Advise the customer an oil change may be required.
• Inspect the engine for any recent engine mechanical repairs. An incorrectly installed camshaft, camshaft actuator, or timing chain can cause this DTC to set.

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote