Thread: P0014
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #12
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
And the weirdness continued this morning. Actually started yesterday morning. I tried remote starting the ride yesterday morning, and the engine did like a qtr turn or something and stopped but the car started right up when I put the key in and turned the ignition. Throughout the day the car remote started just fine, did it about 3x.

This morning remote start didn't work again. I couldn't turn the car on thru the ignition either. The windows wouldn't work etc. etc. Symptoms of a dead battery, take a look at the voltage, reads 11.9v, thought it was pretty low. Checked the wires from the battery, they are tight. So I get the code scanner out, and I get a bunch of codes saying "System Voltage low", ECM wasn't getting enough power and other related codes.

So I was like well lets jump start and take her in, but before I went looking for my neighbor I turned the key one more time. The engine started up strong and the voltage started pick up too.

I still took the car to the dealer, who is replacing my battery and the negative cable. It was pretty corroded. I saw the corrosion 3 weeks ago, working on the gauges and laid some baking soda on it and then forgot to go back in to clean it all up. Dealer provided me with a Malibu as a loaner since the cable won't arrive till tomorrow.

So weird.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote