View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #566
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Story Reminder Update

Recently, especially during the Fbodygathering, I have been getting alot of questions about DR JKEL, not the car but the name so I thought I would update the thread so that those who view this thread know where I cam e up with DR JKEL.

First I am not a doctor, but did stay at a Holiday Inn once.

Ok seriously I have two sons, actually they are my nephews, Drew who is 12 now and Jordan who is 14. About 5 years ago their mother passed away from cancer after a long battle. The boys father died earlier from a heart attack so there was these 2 little boys with no Mama and Daddy.

Due to the fact that Wendy ( MOM) had cancer and took chemo every Monday and the boys father was deceased, we had the boys alot more than the past 5 years since the chemo made her sick and she could not take care of them. She had cancer for 8 years and took chemo EVERY Monday. So to say that we have had the boys awhile is an understatement.

Trying to fill in, I taught the boys sports and about cars. then came the movie Transformers. We were all hooked. So I ordered my new ride and waited. While I waited I wanted to somehow make them a part of this car, grow up dreaming of hot rods etc.... So I decided to put their names on my Plates. It took me about 3 weeks re-arranging letters from their name to come up with something that people would understand, be a great conversation starter and something I thought was kinda cool. So once I was done I had Dr Jkel DR is for DREW J is for Jordan and KEL is for my sweety Kelley, thus DRew Jordan and KELley = DR JKEL. It kinda tied into the transformer theme since Dr Jkel and Mr Hyde kinda transformed.

As with all kids Drew, the youngest, said that now that we have Dr Jkel we need Mr Hyde so my truck is now Mr. Hyde. One day they can fight it out on who gets which but at least they will have a piece of Americana and maybe just maybe they will know that they were loved, and have something to show their kids, cherish as I do mine, and have some Bad Assed rides. I have
attached a couple of pictures. The first is Drew Jordan and Kelley from Left to Right. Remember they are 12 and 14

The next is of Mr Hyde. And Lastly me and the boys.
Attached Images

Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote