View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 02:17 PM   #11
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via AIM to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
[QUOTE=David@Airaid;701548]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirebender View Post
How do you respond to this entry on another thread????

Hello wirebender,

My first question after reading all that is, Doesn't Kenne Bell sell superchargers?

Everybody is entilted to their own Opinion and this is Kenne Bell's opinion.

We do extensive testing on our systems and I have to agree with Hennessey and LMR on what they had to say about this very topic.

LMR

“That is why we have tested our CAI system so much. Ours is designed with a heat shield which seals to the hood and prevents hot air intrusion into the air induction system and is not subjected to such heat soak as the factory air box. We have done testing with the facotry system in high traffic conditions and with the GM system it takes alot of driving afterwards to bring the air temps back to ambient because of the small hole in the factory air box. Our CAI takes half the time to bring the air back to ambient once driving again to prove that our CAI flows more air and in return makes more power. Hope that helps.”

Hennessey

"There are hot air kits, cold air kits, stock air kits and slow air kits. But the idea that ALL stock airboxes perform better than aftermarket air induction kits is wrong.
In the case of the LS3 2010 Camaro we have found that gains of up to half a second from 60-130 mph by using our high-flow cold air kit.

Dyno numbers really do not tell the complete story on making air induction mods. The car is sitting still with no air flow. If you really want to know what air induction mods do, you need to have the car in motion, under acceleration with air flowing thru the front of the car.

So I will concur that SOME air intake kits do perform worse than stock. However, with regards to the high-flow cold air kit that is offered by Hennessey Performance, I have the 60-130 mph data that shows improved acceleration. This statement is true for the 2010 Camaro LS3 & L99 in stock form, with bolt on exhaust & headers as well as our supercharged applications.

Best wishes to all. Enjoyed the various opinions and be sure to separate the facts from the bs."

Thanks,
David
When will I be able to buy one? Any camaro5.com discounts? Thank you
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote