View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
jomo45

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Silver Ice
Tremec Missed 1-2 shifts, Notchy

Checking to see if anyone else is having this issue.. I noticed that I started misssing a few 1-2 shifts around the 1,000 mile mark, this only occurs during hard acceleration, not speed shifting, but very quick shifts. When it happens, it doesn't go in to second, and makes the terrible grinding noise I first attempted hard quick shifts around the 500 mile mark, and had no missed shifts until around the 1,000 mile mark.

Took it to the dealer, the tech couldn't duplicate, I was not with him.. When I picked it up, the tech didn't have time to ride with me, I did duplicate it for the service writer. It only missed one out of the three times I tried it with him in the car. I originally thought it was a synchro, and it still may be, but I do notice that the shifter is very notchy between 1-2.(tested sitting still, clutch in) It is butter smooth between 3-4, 5-6, but feels like it is catching on something between 1-2. I am starting to wonder if this is shifter related, instead of transmission?? You guys that have aftermarket shifters, does the 1-2 shift seem smooth?

I will say the first few times this happened, I thought I just f'd up the shift, but it seems to be happening more often now. Just for the record, I have owned many manual transmission sports cars, done a bit of SCCA racing in them etc., not my first rodeo.

I appreciate any insight on this.
jomo45 is offline   Reply With Quote