View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 12:01 AM   #14
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Only if you don't get, Never mind.

I can call you boss and ask if they need a new car.
Dude...If I could drive one of these ever day on duty? I'd mile it out in no time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FwyFlyer View Post
Hey Tag,
I started my Hurst install around 10pm last night. It took me longer to get the car on jack stands than it did to get the shifter in. I decided to tackle THE boot this morning......... well.... this afternoon. After a few unsuccessful attempts I got on the forum to see if I could find any tips on getting that bugger back on . Any suggestions, anyone?
Thanks in advance.
I like the post below...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by FwyFlyer View Post
Tag,
I watched the video again and did what you had said. First I raised the car another 1.5" or so and I could get a better angle on the boot with my arms. I then put the passenger side in the groove first, then pulled the driver rear tab, then the front tab. The thing damn near jumped on!
THANKS TAG!

oh ya one more thing to whine about............ my ball doesn't say "Hurst"

So how was the ride? Any noise to speak of? It's supposed to snow through Tuesday here, so I won't get to test 'er out for a few days.
That's right! Exactly what I hoped would happen for others.

Don't know why yours doesn't say Hurst. Maybe it's one of the original shifter balls? I really want the black shifter ball w/the orange "H." THAT one is just plain cool. ...and it'll go with my interior better.

Noise? Really haven't noticed any so far. I have a total of 6 hours of driving tomorrow and if there's a time to notice anything, it'll be then. If there is, I'll just put another "boot" over the original thin boot below the leather cover on the shifter.

When you go to test out the car, you are going to LOVE it. I mean, I really can't believe the night/day difference this shifter is over the stock OEM shifter. Totally perfect! I mean...NIGHT/DAY!!! LOVE IT!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote