View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #8
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFreeman View Post
So for the Mic I guess the best place is by the rearview mirror. I may wind up using the actual XM antenna if it makes a huge difference. I'll test it out. Does it look like all the parts required are covered or am I missing anything? At least anything obvious?

Any other radio recommendations? Preferred sellers?
I give you more details about using the Camaro XM antenna. This is with a Pioneer avic-z130bt radio
This my test area. This the way I take to my daughters house.
1 About 10 miles of normal city driving.
2 There a road that goes threw Fort Lewis and it about 10 miles long. It set up as this woods the 5 ft after railroad tracks then about 20 ft of clear area. Then a 2 lane road and then 5 ft then woods again.
1 I was using a Stratus 6. city driving no loss of signal. The Fort Lewis I lost signal about 6 times for about a sec.
2 I got the Xm to Sirius adapter and tried that using the pioneer radio. city lost signal 1 time. Fort Lewis about 12 times for 1 to 3 seconds. In one area lost signal for about a 1/2 mile 15 seconds signal lost.
3 switched back to the Sirius antenna using the pioneer radio. I lost signal about less the 1 sec. for the 20 mile trip.
I left it using the Sirius antenna. The Camaro XM antenna may work ok if you not in a very wooded area, tall buildings.