View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 03:20 PM   #7
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beast_ View Post
The factories will be the same as the dealerships. So I say be an individual get it painted. Like me.
Theres no way in hell that the factory stripes will be the same as the dealerships. If they were, why wouldn't they just offer all of them from the factory? The dealership stripes will not be paint, that I can guarantee, so all the factory would have to do is lay down a different sheet of vinyl. The factory stripes will be better than the dealer stripes - theres no chance of it being otherwise. Whether they will be as good as a custom job, well, thats to be seen - however, they will certainly be cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bret03 View Post
I think its still to early to speculate but I hope to see more stripe choices. I'm guessing though that even stripes applied at the factory will just be vinyl on top of the paint. The 30th and 35th anniversary cars were nothing more than vinyl stripes and to keep costs down I bet it stays that way.
Even if they factory stripes are vinyl, they'll certainly put them on top of the paint but under the clear coat. Dealer stripes will be on top of the clear as well.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote