View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 10:36 AM   #23
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTucker View Post
Hylton...I guess I should know not to "argue" with you... I was trying to point out an issue...that's all.

Do I own a Camaro...think that's been answered before.

Didn't know that is a requirement...if so, better get quite a few people off this board!!! I'll leave if the Mods ask me to. I will order a Camaro when the timing is right. I've owned numerous F-bodies over the years, so I've earned my stripes with GM F-bodies. Before you ask, no I don't have a first gen, never have, but its on the list too. I love the Camaro and always will.

Do I enjoy the 350z...yes. Do I enjoy the '09 Vette parked right next to it? Yes. Do I enjoy the 50 chevy pickup, 67 chevy pickup, and 82 Firebird MSE at the house too? Yes. Does that answer all your questions?

I was just pointing out that statements like you made about "early" cars are a sure way to make a technician's life hell. If someone has a different idea of "early" than you do...you're potentially creating unneccessary work at a dealership level.Technicians have to work one customer concern as much as any other. Do they get paid a penny for messing with someone's car that doesn't have a problem? Not unless they've got a generous service manager.

Most technicians at the dealerships are good honest people trying to make a living (I know, I've been there). Its hard work and the pay sure isn't what it used to be. In days past, a technician made 50% of what the shop's hourly rate was. These days, they are lucky to get 20%...plus there is more training to do than in years past, more technical data to keep track of...you name it.

My intent was not to slam you, but to get people to think before they reacted to a statement that the early cars had a problem. Its like getting sick, if you wake up and say I'm not feeling good...your body may just help you out. If you walk out to your car expecting to see a paint problem...you probably will.

No ill will intended.
Gary - I apologize about my 350Z comment - you are always welcome here no matter what you drive. I just get very angry whenever people quickly conclude that the customer is wrong or that they are "conspiracy theorists" for disagreeing with whatever GM tells them. In the TSB, there is no mention about the early cars and that's unfortunate.

As proof that there are cars whos paint is off, I will be snapping a few pictures in a few weeks to prove it.

I caution anyone who wants to prove me wrong before I post.