View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 02:30 PM   #7
Eddymel1998

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99
To preface all this, I know nothing about mustang gens and styling so be warned, but most my exposure was to the 2000s and early 2010s stuff while I was a kid I remember seeing the '04 or '05 (idk the exact date) redesign and I thought it was the coolest thing ever, then in my early teens, an older guy my parents knew decided to sell his white mustang from gen before that (late 90s early 2000s), and gave it to my dad to clean, so I helped out and my dad took me along on the test drive and it was like nothing I've ever been in before, I knew then and there I needed a car like that.

I also got to see the mustang pop up in video games and movies, I think my favorite one since redesign was in the Need for Speed movie, and say what you will about that film but that blue and white mustang was almost a poster car for me. After that they went to the next gen or design or whatever it was, where they made the back plate around rear lights all black and at that point the cars were starting to look a little faminie to me and by that time I also realized the only people I saw owning them were women, it just didn't click with me.

Camaros on the other hand were always 5th Gen onwards for me, staring with bumblebee, but they never got the spotlight, even in video games, which was my window into cars, they were always a clunky car with too much wheel spin and no handling in maybe handful of games it appeared in (I think GM wanted to push the image of Corvette more then the Camaro for the sporty stuff but that's just my conspiracy theory), so I'd didn't pay too much attention to them (although I still thought they were cool) until I was in college and seeing the mustangs at the time, they felt long and narrow, while Camaros looked wide and flat, then when I learned about the LS engines it just sealed the deal, so when opportunity came I went for one, and looking back I'm glad I went Camaro over Mustang, this car is almost perfectly suited for me (at least on paved or mostly paved roads).