View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Venom Z302's 2RS/SS (Updated)

So here's my public statement detailing what I'm looking at doing, all in all. Not too much, but I'm looking forward to the final product.

1. Install a rear-view camera, mounted on my existing license plate bracket.
2. Install vinyl gloss black hockey stick stripes.
(3. Install the heritage grille insert, with bowtie and/or SS emblems that will be interchangeable with the grille.)
4. Use a 32+GB flash drive for music storage.

Notes:
1. Though the camera isn't a necessity, I must say I've been spoiled by my G35 in this way. It's so helpful (read that as it helps, but I don't rely on it) that I want to continue to be able to use this functionality in my Camaro. The plan is to install a wireless camera on my license bracket and mount the monitor in the sun visor. In order to do this, I plan on buying a replacement sun visor and modifying it such that one of the monitors that doubles as a mirror can replace the stock mirror. I haven't yet figured out the best way to run the wire for power to the monitor.

2. Hockey stick stripes are my favorite, but I want my own design, with either upper and lower pinstripes, or simply just the upper pinstripe. Vinyl stripes will be fine with me.

3. I will purchase and install the heritage grille with some slight modifications. First, I want the grey to match the body, so the non-grille portion of the insert will be Aqua Blue metallic, a la '69 RS grilles. Second, I want a bowtie emblem and/or a current style SS emblem (red lettering preferred) to go in the center of the grille. If I get both emblems, I will change them as I please.

4. My G35 has a 9GB hard drive in it, so I've been a bit spoiled by that. However, a 32+GB flash drive would be beneficial in that a) I will be able to shuffle the music (my G can't do that), b) music will be easier to transfer to the flash drive, and c) the drive will be significantly larger than that of my G35.

Edit: Figured I should post a photoshopped version of the final product.
Attached Images

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579

Last edited by VenomZ302; 09-30-2009 at 07:39 AM.
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote