View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #294
Da5h4Rk

Drives: Blk/IOM 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparaz View Post
Just did this tonight, i'll have to post pictures soon. I wired my LEDs together (grounding them just like tony) through center console, and then tied them all into a DSDT toggle switch.
The gray wire for the dome light linked into position 1 on my toggle switch and the purple wire a few slots over (used for the ambient lighting) linked into position 2.

So now the I can turn foot well LEDs off completely, set them up to link directly to the dome lighting, and even switch them back on to run permanently while driving (based on headlights settings).

Absolutely love it and the toggle switch sure does look cool right there mounted under my steering wheel! Thanks to Tony and all the other people who had their 2 cents in this topic, about a 3 hour install for me and totally pleased with everything.
Will a SPDT switch work in place of the DPDT if I an trying to do the same thing? Or do I need a DPDT? If I need to use the DPDT, can you link me one that you used, and show me a wiring diagram so I know how to wire it? Thanks!
Da5h4Rk is offline   Reply With Quote