View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 12:21 PM   #185
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsmiketuck View Post
I really wanna do this, but even with this DIY, feel like theres not enough of a solid... step by step process. People seem to all have their own way of doing it. I wanna know im absolutely doing this right. Some say there's "no difference" after. Obviously this will vary from car to car. I installed my catch can at 25k and sure I'll prolly do this eventually but I'm still on the fence. Ive read to put it in the tank when nearly empty, but they say not to run over 150-200 miles... and I get 350+ to a tank? So im lost there... Between that and everywhere else you're supposed to add it, it seems like it needs to be perfectly timed thing. I need/WANT to take my car to the dealer for my oil changes. Because of this I don't wanna risk messing it up. Plus, I have a tune, and i'm not positive they wont auto-override my tune. So i'm just like... UGH.
You are confusing the crankcase step with the fuel tank step. Crankcase you have to change the oil within 100 miles. Not the fuel tank, fill the fuel tank and pour a whole bottle and just run the tank dry.