View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 09:07 AM   #17
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan2230 View Post
Factory Sub Box (has an built-in amp). Its made by MTX Audio. It is a GM Accessory. I paid $780 shipped from GMpartsdirect. I bought it because of ease of installation, and looking at the directions, it looks very easy to install. If my radio is gonna lock on me though, I might as well have my dealership install it.
yeah, this is the route i was gonna take too. just wondered if ya found somewhere cheaper...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onereign View Post
Not trying to hijack your thread, but those of you that have this option, do you find that it provides enough bass for your needs/sounds good? I primarily listen to rock with some pop/hip-hop mixed in. I don't really wanna knock a hole in the sky, just want my music to sound well-rounded with a bass line you can noticeably hear.

Thanks
i have read other threads from members whom have installed it and ALL said they had to keep the gain down. ALL said the bass really thumps. one guy specified that when plugged in, the sub/amp acts as a crossover as well and filters all the bass to the sub while turning the other BA speakers into component speakers.

they ALL said it's a perfectly balanced system once the MTX's are installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibznu2010 View Post
Guys i had a 10 inch kicker and 250 watt amp put in my camaro and it is more than enough. Box has amp in it. Had it put in by stereo shop for 280.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by first one View Post
I have a 10" MTX with 400W amp with the Boston system for waaaayyy less than $780.00 and it sounds awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleigh View Post
I tapped directly into the harness coming into the BA amp using a speaker wire to RCA adapter.. SUPER easy..

Installed a Punch 300 Rockford Fosgate pushing an 8" JL Audio enclosed sub.. plenty of boom/oomph for me.. price less than $450 from Crutchfield..

NO code was needed for this and I can only assume it has something to do with all those cables/etc. they sent you. OH, and I did disconnect the negative post from the battery in the trunk and put it in a glove while installing...

Be sure to post your impression of the sub once installed.. I was a bit leary of the price/performance ratio
most of us realize that this factoryoption is pricey, but i for one don't care. i realize all of you are trying to be helpful, but we want the factory setup for the designed audio balance, plug and play installation and warranty. i think the few hundred extra is worth the 3/36 (or in my case 6/60) warranty alone!

i have designed and installed more systems than most of ya younger cats have seen. when a balanced system arrives likes this from the factory, jump on it.

i'm not looking to wear earplugs......just want the AC/DC and Nickleback to rock..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcwby View Post
I've disconnected my battery numerous times while doing various engine mods, and never once had the stereo even lose the presets. You should be fine. I think the theft deterrent is only if the stereo is removed from the vehicle.
lol.......me too yet never crossed my mind when replying...

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote