View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #60
thorr

Drives: 2003 Impala LS (Camaro Engine, lol)
Thanks. I am not trying to save a couple of bucks and I am not one of the people who emailed you. I placed an order yesterday for the amp harness (hoping to purchase before they ran out) and the amp mount and debated a long time about the subwoofer mount. I am trying to make sure it will fit. It looks like the ******** mount has a ridge on it around the hole where the speaker is mounted making it higher than the flat surface everywhere else. This makes the mounted speaker even taller. I was thinking of doing the opposite and cutting a hole that is bigger than the outside of the speaker and having a second layer below that with a smaller hole that the speaker would screw into. As long as there is enough depth in the cavity and enough room around the edge to recess the speaker into the hole, this should work. Since I don't have my car yet, I don't know for sure. I can always buy the subwoofer mount later if it doesn't work out.

I hope that I will receive the secret "hints" since I did place an order for the harness even though I didn't buy the mount.

Mike
thorr is offline   Reply With Quote