View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #84
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by twentytwelvebee View Post
updated OP. i've been in contact with AAC and they are going to ship out another set next tuesday. i'm pretty sure the paint wasn't fully cured before they were packed, causing the scratches and worn through paint. not being fully painted though is a different story. this is a picture from about 6 feet away and you can clearly see they weren't completely painted, thats what upsets me most.
Looking back at the initial AAC post: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hlight=mirrors it sure looks, to me, like your actual mirrors(glass) are too small. Maybe it's the paint, iono. Also, the pictures in the "advertised" product in that post show fully painted mirrors, inside and out. On the other hand, ordering something "limited production" without pictures or a full, accurate, and total description(something for you to fall back on if you don't like them) of the final product is just not wise, IN MY OPINION. You have to be ready for all kinds of issues on a product from a new design/build. The risk is all on the consumer in this case. Good luck getting it starightened out!!! In my opinion they don't have to do anything other than fix the outside paint, unless it doesn't function as described.