Thread: P0014
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 07:46 AM   #19
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
So yesterday, the remote start didn't work yet again. I sat in the car, turned the key and the car started up, I think a little sluggish, but that could be just a placebo effect. The car asked me to index the damn windows again too.

I didn't get a chance last night, but this morning instead of starting the car, I code scanned her. This is the code I received.....

P2105 - Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Engine Shutdown

WTF? Anyway car started right up this morning when I had the key in, didn't try remote start.

I don't get it, how come these issues pop up only in the AM? Throughout the day afterwards I have no issues starting the car up.

I am gonna clear the code tonight, and see if this is one of those remnant codes I was getting from the earlier troubles a week ago.

The other codes haven't popped back up, so
The code explains why the remote start didn't work... I know it the past you said the remote start would start to turn over then stop... wondering if you were actually throwing the code when you tried to start it... get the code and the remote start would then stop and not work...

As for in the AM... it' usually colder in the morning and the cold could be a contributing factor... I had a car once that when the temps were below freezing the HVAC switches wouldn't work... so as you drove it a while and things warmed up the HVAC panel magically came back to life!

Sounds like you still have some kind of electrical issues.. which can be a absolute nightmare to chase down...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote