View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #61
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberB5.Slow View Post
Running a 13.2 stock is not that fast anymore. The Mustang GT runs a 12.8 stock, even I can vouch for that since I ran my car a week after I bought it, 12.710@111 with a 2.0 60' . The Camaro SS runs from 12.9s to 13.0s . Leaving the R/T the slowest muscle car of the bunch.

I'm not saying being the fastest is the best thing out there, it's for the driver to decide what he wants, but what most people look at around where I'm from is how quick it is. No one cares how fast you can take turns by yourself on you're way home from the drag strip.

You want to rave about comfort and the ride, thats all up to you, but if I wanted the comfort and the ride I'd be looking at a luxury car, not a muscle car.

I get all sorts of looks and head turns all the time, as all 3 muscle cars will and do. Maybe the Challengers sales are below the Mustangs and Camaros for a reason? More people like and prefer a Mustang or Camaro. Most agree with me with the whole boat-like chassis, but at the same time respect the retro-styling in it as do I. But it's just so big, heavy, and can barely get out of it's own way after test driving the R/T 2 years ago.

I guess my dealerships are different cause they wanted 45k for a loaded R/T, and 35K - 38K for fully loaded Mustangs and Camaros.
Actually most Camaro SSs at the strip are running mid 13s, Mustangs are a different beast. i am sorry, but the Camaro and Challenger are basically cut from the same ilk. They both are built on SEDAN platforms, BOTH ARE HEAVY, BOTH DRIVE VERY SIMILAR IF YOU HAVE EVEN DRIVEN BOTH! Also, the Challengers is selling FAR HIGHER than the sales goal EVERY was, 25k per year and they are close, if not past that, in the first HALF iof this year. you are open to your opinion, but you are stating it as FACT when it is NOT. Heck, even the mustang with it's Lincoln LS roots is heavier and larger than it should be. Look at Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ. THESE are true examples of what a true 2 plus 2 RWD sporty car should be, 2700 pounds, adjust it for a V8 under the hood and MAYBE a bit over 3000. Right now all 3 are adaptations of some sedan platform, with yes, the Mustang being the furthest away from it's "provider', but it olso lost it's dad's IRS in the transition, yes, they could have done that so easily, but you and I both know they didn't because of cost and because SRA is better for straightline. Anyways, i digress.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote