View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #70
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejr214 View Post
Where you say "But i found the parts to make a new harness that will work on 2010 car's".....

Is this something GM or a aftermarket company will make or is this something your making? And if you are making it will you explain the steps also?
Let me try to answer this way. The 2011 has all the connectors on the main harness behind the instrument cluster, The 2010 is missing 2 connectors on the main harness.

The first one is a 6 pin with a 14"-22" pig tail to go in the back of the new switch.( That is the new Part i ordered on Wednesday, So i do not have a pic of it at this time, And so you all know that is a $100 pig tail) Don't ask me why List is $166 ( but will have a fix for the cost after i find out it works).

Second connector is an 8 pin that connects to the main harness behind the instrument cluster,( This is the fun one) It then connects to the harness that i have now Part # 92225478 ( That is why i said not to buy this part ) And this Part # 92225478 has a Second 8 pin connector that go's in to the HUD unit. ( got all that) LOL ( look's like this)
@
Put that is not all there is some more wires that will need to connect.

On the switch only 3 connect to the HUD there are Lighting to connect and power all so.

This is only some of the wiring, I will have a lot more as soon as i can, For all the ppl that want it all done for them, I am working on getting a harness that will be easy to connect made....
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote