View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
FSTORG5
Fast Orange

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Mild2Wild works on ZL1!

Over the last couple of days I have been working with Ed of LEEACUSTOMS on the correct installation of the Mild 2 Wild system for the ZL1. It is a snap to install by just replacing the exhaust flap fuse (F8). But due to the tight fit of the cover we had to go another route similar to the Vette option using the seat fuse. I did have to trim a small amount of the cover at the slot in the top side to allow the 2 wires room to exit.

Remove the 20amp radio fuse and install it on the fuse tap where the white wire was and plug it back into the radio fuse spot with the red wire facing down (so the fuse tap should have the 10A as it was, with the 20A in front of it), leaving the red 10A in the tap as is, Install the white wire with the red spade into the exhaust fuse spot using the bottom position.

I will attach a pictures installed for reference.

Also the sweetest part is the programming to Home Link is a breeze. Simply hold the Mild 2 Wild remote 1-3 in. from the Home Link buttons, then press and hold the ON button at the same time as the Home Link button of your choice until Home Link flashes rapidly. Then do the same for the OFF button. The system now operates stock in the ON position. And always open in the OFF position. It stays in whichever position you leave it in, even on restarts.

Thanks Ed!
Attached Images