View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #40
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
The only way i would consider the 3.6 (at 300HP) would be if its priced under 20k.

Since that is soooo unlikely id rather buy a used 2005 Mustang GT for 4k less than 20k and drop a supercharger on it. Thats my plan B though, Plan A is the camaro with a chevy small block V8.

At 27 marrried no kids, insurance and payments isnt a big deal for me (hell full coverage insurance on a motorcycle would cost me $20.00 a month, and my ram costs me $60.00 a month)
I'm definitely getting a fully loaded V8 at the time it is released, even if gas is $10.00 a gallon. I simply won't be driving it as much if that is the case, and you'll be sure to see a hybrid camaro for sale shortly afterwards if gas hits $10 a gallon if the camaro wants to stay alive. I for one see this as my last chance to buy a gas-guzzling and powerful V8 in my lifetime since I plan to keep this car for 10 years at least. And I'm quite sure V8's will be gone in 10 years (at least how we remember them) by the way the environmentalists seem to be having their way making law's. In the future a sports car must get at least 50mpg...etc.. goodbye V8... (hybrid V8?..lol)

For those of you considering a V6, I can fully understand if it is price alone that will influence your choice.. You'll probably save $500 a years on gas getting the V6, and pay a little less on car insurance as well.. Monthly car payments will be lower obviously as well.. Obviously if the car is rates at 300HP, it will not be slow by any means. However for those wanting more torque like me, the V8 is the only choice.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote