View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
Unrealistic request to ask of buyer when selling?

Just a quick question for you folks.
Considering selling my 2010 manual and replacing it with a 2013 automatic. (That is what the wife prefers and wants and I have absolutely no problem with that)
Someone has expressed interest in the car and wants to test drive it. He said that even if he test drove it today he was not going to purchase it right on the spot as he is also considering purchasing a new convertible.
I told him in order for him to test drive my car he needed to show me proof from his bank that he is good for the purchase price that we have agreed on pending his test drive.
When I suggested that to the potential buyer he got all pissy and said providing a letter from his bank is a deal breaker(even though he claims he could buy five of these if he wanted them).
Unreasonable or not? I don't feel it is as it only takes a few minutes for the bank to type up a letter stating that the buyer is able to cover the agreed upon funds if he so desires to purchase the vehicle.
I think it separates the tire kickers and joy riders from the real buyers.
Long story short,he and I have parted on not so friendly terms.

EDIT... The test drive that he would have been taking was going to be with me IN THE CAR WITH HIM and he knew that and was fine with it.
Insurance coverage was not the issue,proving he was a serious buyer and could pay for it was.
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.

Last edited by papabearcamaro; 04-11-2012 at 04:06 PM.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote