View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 02:55 PM   #13
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Dragon, I'm still with you, I don't think Gen V's are an option for the first year. I mean you found some good information that says they won't be ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindingillusion View Post
Thinking about it I agree. Just doesn't make sense. The G8 GXP is getting an LS3. You would think that the camaro wouldn't be upped by the G8 in the engine dept.

Hmmmm indeed.
And big +1 blingingillusion.

As far as the article is concerned, I'm feeling a bit sceptical. When and where did Mr. Peper say this. The engine information is the only new news. Everything else is old news... There isn't any source information that I can find..... I've seen on GMInsideNews that Jim Mateja had an interview with Ed Peper. That's all I can find as of now. I'll keep looking.

Quote:
Yes, he spoke to Ed Peper yesterday at an event in suburban Chicago. Not sure why it's not "news" but glad its being discussed.
Quote:
Jim Mateja interviewed Ed Peper. He's been an automotive journalist for almost 40 years (might be more!). I don't think he'd turn in a piece to us that was knowingly false in any way.
Apparently Peper mispoke on the 3.9 V6.

Quote:
Just spoke to Jim. And then we had to call GM. Peper misspoke. He said 3.9 but it is the same 3.6 liter as in the Traverse. Sorry for the confusion.
I guess it's the real deal.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote