View Single Post
Old 11-05-2023, 09:48 PM   #101
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
UnFortunately or maybe fortunately, I think something internal in the engine broke this morning as I was starting the Iroc to go for a drive. It turned over 2-3 revolutions like normal and right about the time where it normally fires up I got what I think was a slight backfire or metal on metal sound (wasn’t expecting anything out of the ordinary and it all happened really fast) and it locked up tight. It was only cranking on the starter but what ever it is, the crank won’t budge in either direction with a breaker bar, wondering if it dropped a valve or maybe had a timing related failure. Oil is full, radiator is full too, so I don’t think it hydrolocked. I haven’t driven it in a couple weeks but the last time I did drive it, it was funning flawlessly as it has since I put it on the road. I was preoccupied with Kevin Harvick’s last race so I didn’t dig any further than the breaker bar yet. Might be about LS swap time…
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote