View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 10:11 PM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
electromagnets power speakers... now think of the speaker as your shock and the electromagnet keeping it from moving instead of moving it. does that help?
To add to that, using this setup would allow for near perfect ride and handling. It is equivelent to active noise canceling headphones. those headphones take in the ambient noise, then play it back perfectly out of sync, resulting in no sound. This works in the same way, only instead of a microphone picking up sound there is a sensor to detect movement. This trigers the motor to activate. for how noise canceling headphones work, this is pretty good http://electronics.howstuffworks.com...headphone3.htm

So when you hit a bump, the motor retracts so the wheel moves up but the body of the car doesn't. Similarly, when you come to a dip the motor extends and the car just keeps on going. The trick is getting it be fast and precise. If its off by a little, it would be one of the worst rides you would ever experience. Instead of canceling the movement it would add to it, magnifying every little bump.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote