View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 11:52 PM   #236
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Foot Well LED supports

As luck would have it, I was doing some fix'er up jobs around the house and one of them was to install new floor transition mouldings on some of the room door thresholds. I went to the Home Depot and picked up this plastic channel that is used to hold down the "T" shaped piece of floor moulding.

After the job was done, I had some extra lengths of the plastic channel and I thought, "This would be perfect for holding the LED foot well light strips" (that I just received from AAC). Haven't installed the strips yet, but have a look at these pics. The strip fits perfectly within the channel and it will be easy to zap strap them on to the underside of the dash where there are convenient holes. The passenger side is especially helpful cause there isn't a good flat surface for the light strips to be glued to. The footwell strips have 3M double sided sticky on it.

Name:  strip support1.jpg
Views: 1505
Size:  48.8 KB

Name:  strip support2.jpg
Views: 1465
Size:  50.5 KB

Name:  strip support3.jpg
Views: 1503
Size:  69.0 KB

These plastic channels come in 36" lengths.
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote