View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 08:49 AM   #14
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
It was already established in a previous thread that they were knock off Kooks. I think everyone decided it's okay however because the wallet matters more and everyone buys stuff from Walmart that is made in China(?). So far no one has been burned by fit or quality because well..it is welded pipe. If you scew up copying someones welded pipe you deserve what is coming. However do your research because there are threads on other forums of people who have had issues with stuff made by this brand and been left high and dry.

I know the same 5-6 people who populate these threads will jump all over me..but whatever. I think it should always be mentioned where these headers come from. Just like Walmart, it is easy to feel good about a cheap price untill you realize what is really behind it. Your basically buying a stolen design, made over seas with no warranty and support. I am sure kooks could match their price if they were allowed to skate by with that level of support and service and their only sales outlet was ebay. If you want to mod your car with the equivelent of a fake Rolex than more power to you.
Hey, First off, Thanks for Your Sponsorship of this Forum,

It is in my opinion, the best car forum available...

I stayed out of the other thread as a non-player, but I wanted to give an opinion. I am still a relative non player, as my Twin Turbo aspirations do not require headers, (hope that doesn't make me one of the evil ones) but I want to ask if you realize how you come across here on the forum.

I know from reading another OBX header thread that it's a burr in your side, but...

Do you think you are winning any customers when you go off on one of these tangents...
People shop at Wal-mart due to many other companies pricing themselves out of business. (Yes Wal-Mart was the big chain that bought more stuff and therefore had greater buying power... but what makes them any different than what you do with items you buy and re-sell... other than size...) The U.S. automakers tried to do the same, in a number of ways. I realize that Kooks, ARH, and many others spend money on research and developement, buildings, electricity etc...

I also realize many people in this two adult working family society are struggling to make ends meet. Is it really that wrong for a few folks to buy what they can afford, rather than doing without. Obviously you can afford to buy what you want, but not all people can... Military folks do not make as much money as business folks, but they allow us the freedoms to do what we want. Police Officers and Firefighters don't make as much as some folks, should they all go without.

Free trade agreements allow this to happen, and U.S. businesses are way into to outsourcing items. I venture to say that most of the items you use in your daily life are from overseas.

American arrogance and ego have made us think anything made in a foreign country is inferior. No, it's not in all cases, in some cases yes it it.

I dont' understand the vehemence you display. Those that are buying OBX are obviously not taking money out of your pockets, as they can't afford what you are offering... or choose not to pay more for what appears to be basically the same thing.

If Kooks has a problem with it, then they can pursue international copyrights violations charges... I'm not an attorney, but there is probably some option for them... but then I guess that cost would be passed on to the customer as well.

Automated manufacturing has taken hold and most anything can be made by machines, much faster, and of better quality than people can... Not in all cases, but in most....

Do you think all of the OBX headers are made on a machine... I doubt it... So, after the initial run, by Kooks, ARH etc...which I venture pays for most of the developement and set up cost, why do the prices not come down... they do in virtually every other market.

I for one pay attention to the conversations and attitudes displayed by Vendors when I am reading a thread... and make a lot of my purchasing decisions based on what I hear/read...

Lighten up, look at the items around you, and determine if anything in your business or home is foreign made... If there is anything, then you would be the pot calling the kettle black... Have you ever driven a foreign car, watched a TV made in Japan, etc... I realize you base the backbone of your argument on the copying of a design, but that goes on everywhere, and it is for the OEM to pursue it, not someone on an automotive forum.

I personally am getting ready to lay out a huge sum of money, for an American made and designed product for my Camaro, several of them actually... but that certainly doesn't mean that in some cases, I would not buy from a foreign company.

Wal-Mart, one of the largest employers in the country... helping the ecopnomy in so many ways.... let them go out of business and see how much unemployment goes up...

Oh, and do you manufacture anything, or do you simply buy, mark up and re-sell things??? Just curious... if thats all you do, then how are you benefitting anyone other than yourself....???

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote