View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
McGruff

Drives: 98 Saturn
I'll post a few from around the forums to get the tranny ball rolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiller72 View Post
Has anyone else snaped thier output shaft off? It happened to me yesterday. I just pulled away from a stop sign in first with about half throttle and bang it broke. Now i'm waiting on parts.

VIN #2G1FT1EW4A9116614
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroguy View Post
Ah, such much fun driving my Camaro. Took my neighbor out tonight for a ride and decided to hit the mall parking lot for a quick burnout. Well, didn't get to do the burnout, instead I decided to try out the Launch Control... So I get it into Competitive mode, mash the accelerator to the floor. I check, and its holding about 4200 rpms like it shoud.... Every thing looks fine and dandy... Dump the clutch... BAMMMMMMM!

Now here I am with my neighbor friend, and the first thing he says... " oh shit!, you're done...".... As far as I can tell, the tremec didn't hold up to the dump of the clutch. I can't get the camaro to move in gear now at all.. Leaking trans fluid going everywhere on the ground.... called onstar.. Get everything set up to get it towed back to the dealer right now. I am sure the tremec's tail shaft snapped..

So much for launch control... Maybe if I had slippery tires, it wouldn't of been a problem.. Oh, and while waiting for the Tow truck guy, here comes this ricer into the parking lot doing donuts and just making me feel worse about the whole situation.. I still love the Camaro though.. Now I have to sit and wait while I figure out what the dealer is going to do about it.

Anybody else's M6 transmission broke yet from burnouts/ launch control?

VIN #2GIFT1EW4A9116497

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRcamaro View Post
I just got a 2010 RS/SS2 M6 Camaro 2 days ago. Less than 200 miles on it...

I pulled into the driveway, and the transmission quit shifting. It only will stay in neutral. What do you guys think is the problem?

I'm going to take it to the dealer in the morning...

VIN #2GIFT1EW4A9116531
McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote