Thread: P0014
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #38
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Let's hope it's not an electrical issue as that can be a PITA to fix sometimes. Look like you got the plan down so start there and see if the problem persist. The next time you get a CEL take her in to the dealer and do not clear the code yourself as you could be only masking the issues and prolonging the problem. It could be as simple as a bad ecm to someone screwing up the install somewhere. Sometimes mechanical issues can cross over to electrical problems. This kind of remind me of my very first wrx back in 2001 when I had to hard wire a cobb piggy back and ended up frying up some things. My odo went out, and had a christmas light for months. Finally I had one of my car guys go through the whole electrical system and it took him over a week to finally get it halfway right. My electrical system has not been right since then and I couldn't take the car to the dealer and ask them if they could fix my electrical issue because I effed up after trying to hard wire a piggy back ecm I hate electrical issues with a passion LOL.

If you get another CEL then take her in so you can start building a record with them. I'm sure the first time they will probably just clear the code and send you on your way.
I'll give you a call a little later
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote