View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #25
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim968 View Post
Is it possible to just fix the headliner cosmetically and not replace the bags? They can't inavertently deploy if you don't replace them.
Headliner is wrinkled, no fixing it. Imagine it's like a piece of foam board you buy for kid's school projects. It flexes to a point and go to far it snaps. Now you have these crinkles that can't be removed.

As for not putting in air bags, the thought crossed my mind. Place the resistors to fool the module and button it up. However, I would never be able to sell the car now that this mishap is on the record of the car and not be able to prove it was fully repaired. I do not want the liability of someone getting hurt or killed and blaming me for not putting the car back together properly and safely. If I was 100% sure I was keeping this car I would take all the air bags out and replace it with a roll cage. I am hooked on road racing, and if the Camaro isn't a capable enough car then I'll buy one that is. I need to get past this problem first before deciding.