Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

Old 05-16-2024, 09:34 AM   #15
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Thank you as well! Glad to get this installed as part of my ZL1 front bumper conversion.
Oh man. I didn't realize that you were installing it with a ZL1 bumper conversion. I test fit these on Zl1 bumpers and there were some clearance issues. You will have to make your own judgement call, but the person who test fit one for me, would have had to cut into the lower grille. Up to you but you may end up having to resell it, or dig into the grille.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 08:28 PM   #16
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
Oh man. I didn't realize that you were installing it with a ZL1 bumper conversion. I test fit these on Zl1 bumpers and there were some clearance issues. You will have to make your own judgement call, but the person who test fit one for me, would have had to cut into the lower grille. Up to you but you may end up having to resell it, or dig into the grille.
I'm not worried about it, but thanks for the info! I have someone else interested that I know that also has an SS with the normal front end. If it's an issue I will just sell it to them, no biggie! I should have mentioned that first, so that's all on me.
Thanks man!
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 09:59 AM   #17
fnhowe84

Drives: 2018 Hotwheels M6 & 2010 1LE V6 M6
[QUOTE=The_bald_eagle_machine;11425478]

THANKS AGAIN! For putting these together for us. My guess is the rear crash bar is out of the question. shame!

Was one ever test fit or mocked up where I could get RSM to cut one for me?
Old 05-17-2024, 01:06 PM   #18
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

[QUOTE=fnhowe84;11425717]
Quote:

THANKS AGAIN! For putting these together for us. My guess is the rear crash bar is out of the question. shame!

They told me that they have the mesaurements already in house for a parachute mount that they were working on. The problem is because I was a first time vendor, they railroaded me on the price per unit. You have to buy $5k per year to be a vendor, so they basically cahrged me to get the price into the $5k mark. I was considering reaching out on the rear bar project, but it they are going to charge me $206 per unit plus freight, I won't be able to pull it off.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
Old 05-20-2024, 09:37 AM   #19
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

[QUOTE=fnhowe84;11425717]
Quote:

I just spoke to Joey at RSM... They don't seem to be interested in making the rear bar, or making more of the front bars. I got a "Our production schedule is full and we have no plans of working on these projects at the moment" response. So looks like this might have been a "one and done" product. I wonder if someone like send cut send could build these for me at a reasonable price point, then I could just pay someone to weld them up for me.

Old 05-24-2024, 08:03 AM   #20
SkunkJunk420

Drives: camaros
by some chance is there 1 laying around still that was returned or not sold? I have an event coming up that requires a tow hook and can seem to find where to place mine? This would solve my problem perfectly!
SkunkJunk420 is offline   Reply With Quote