Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-20-2024, 05:05 PM   #29
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan47717 View Post
Yeah, I remember a guy with some late model German thing (all I remember it was was black) being incredulous that Short wouldn't work on his car.

And he absolutely would not have anything to do with aftermarket A/C systems (Vintage Air I assume?). He never said why to my knowledge but based on the tiny vents I see on auction cars I doubt they would be of much use in actual hot weather.
The aftermarket A/C thing I totally understand. In the old days if a car was built without A/C there most likely wasn’t even a pre-stamped section of the firewall to easily cut out to run the lines and evaporator into the interior. You have to do major firewall cutting on even cars that offered A/C as optional from the factory but if built without had too much structure in the firewall and no pre-stamping for access.

I think he got burned trying to work on that early in his career and said enough of that.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 05:13 AM   #30
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
Never did like the Hot Wheels look and this car is hideous:(
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 06:03 AM   #31
HankVA

Drives: 2024 Camaro 2SS
Fantomworks ended because of a couple of things; politics, and his employees kept quitting because of the shooting schedule and also not wanting to be on camera. Dan, the owner, is a veteran and isn't afraid to share his opinion. And that was something the network paying for the show didn't like.

They're just fine with continuing to profit from reruns, though.

I don't know what seasons of Bitchin Rides an earlier commenter was watching, but they do waaay more than LS swaps. And if you're ever curious about how some of the people commissioning these builds can afford it, just look up their names on Google. Doctors, tech entrepreneurs, celebrities, etc. Same goes for Texas Metal, Iron Resurrection, etc. Filthy rich people, or ones willing to blow enough money for a decent house, on a bespoke car.
Old 05-21-2024, 06:30 AM   #32
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
I never got to see Part 2 of that episode to see what they had done under the hood, tune, etc.., but I thought it was interesting to say the least.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 10:26 AM   #33
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 12:28 PM   #34
Alan47717

Drives: 2022 1LT RS 2.0t/6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankVA View Post
Fantomworks ended because of a couple of things; politics, and his employees kept quitting because of the shooting schedule and also not wanting to be on camera. Dan, the owner, is a veteran and isn't afraid to share his opinion. And that was something the network paying for the show didn't like.

They're just fine with continuing to profit from reruns, though.

I don't know what seasons of Bitchin Rides an earlier commenter was watching, but they do waaay more than LS swaps. And if you're ever curious about how some of the people commissioning these builds can afford it, just look up their names on Google. Doctors, tech entrepreneurs, celebrities, etc. Same goes for Texas Metal, Iron Resurrection, etc. Filthy rich people, or ones willing to blow enough money for a decent house, on a bespoke car.
Kindig's client's are quite affluent, to say the least and he has several customers that he has built multiple cars for. His father-in-law alone has had several built including a couple of 'Vettes that were just mind boggling in the amount of customization detail that went into them.

I am an auction junkie and I enjoy the early days with lower prices more than the Friday and Saturday extravaganzas. By the time the 2nd or 3rd Eleanor clone, Ford GT, etc. sells it starts to get boring.
Alan47717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 12:58 PM   #35
JT6Speed

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS M6
I'd say Iron Resurrection is probably one of my favorites. Kindig is also good, his interiors always come out premium, which for the price you pay makes sense.

Ordered: April 2022-----Built: July 2022-----Delivered: September 2022

-Dual-Mode Exhaust (NPP)
-Red Painted Calipers (J6F)
-5 Split Spoke Bright Silver Painted Aluminum Wheels (56W)
-Chrome Camaro Logo Fender Badge
-Second Generation Front Splitter in Satin Black
JT6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 01:41 PM   #36
olrocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankVA View Post
Fantomworks ended because of a couple of things; politics………. Dan, the owner, is a veteran and isn't afraid to share his opinion. And that was something the network paying for the show didn't like.
That was one of the reasons I liked him. If I ever wanted to get a classic car restored he would absolutely be the first person I’d call, just for that reason alone.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Old 05-21-2024, 03:52 PM   #37
HankVA

Drives: 2024 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
That was one of the reasons I liked him. If I ever wanted to get a classic car restored he would absolutely be the first person I’d call, just for that reason alone.
Yeah, me too. Dan had an open house for a local politician a few years ago, and invited fans via Facebook. My wife and I went down there to Newport News and ended up getting a full tour. GIANT place, and super nice people.
Old 05-21-2024, 04:43 PM   #38
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
If they hadn't have screwed up the interior and dropped it so low that a slight dip in the pavement would pretty much waste the investment, it probably wouldnt be terrible.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 05:23 PM   #39
olrocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
If they hadn't have screwed up the interior and dropped it so low that a slight dip in the pavement would pretty much waste the investment, it probably wouldnt be terrible.
It’s low because the suspension is in the lowest position (airbags fully deflated). It has a fully adjustable air bag suspension. The factory setup was completely gutted.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Old 05-21-2024, 05:42 PM   #40
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
What I don't understand is they went through the trouble to make the interior all red but didn't get these

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/pr...ting&year=2018
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote