Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-01-2023, 04:25 PM   #1
Taliyahk

Drives: 2023 Chevy Camaro 1SS
Unhappy ‘22 SS electrical problem?

‘22 SS Electrical problem?

So my car was sitting for like 3 weeks however I was having someone constantly start it and run it so the battery wouldn’t die. Yet it still ended up dying and then onstar came and started it and it was running fine for like 4 days then died again and took it to chevy n it was fine a day then broke down while driving . Does anyone know what the issue could be? Its a brand new car so I would like to know what could possibly be wrong. Im scared I might have to get a new car cause they(chevy) claim they don’t know what it is and I have already put so many modifications on it. (not performance yet just physical) So if anyone has any ideas of what it could be please throw them out into the open and reassure me that I will not have to buy a new car😫
Taliyahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 04:32 PM   #2
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliyahk View Post
‘22 SS Electrical problem?

So my car was sitting for like 3 weeks however I was having someone constantly start it and run it so the battery wouldn’t die. Yet it still ended up dying and then onstar came and started it and it was running fine for like 4 days then died again and took it to chevy n it was fine a day then broke down while driving . Does anyone know what the issue could be? Its a brand new car so I would like to know what could possibly be wrong. Im scared I might have to get a new car cause they(chevy) claim they don’t know what it is and I have already put so many modifications on it. (not performance yet just physical) So if anyone has any ideas of what it could be please throw them out into the open and reassure me that I will not have to buy a new car😫
Are you sure they were letting it run long enough to recharge the battery, starting the car puts a big drain on the battery... I've let my car sit for 3-4 weeks without starting it and it has been fine...
After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 04:41 PM   #3
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Idling your car is a terrible way to attempt keeping the battery charged.

First of all, it takes at least 30 minutes to put back the energy used to start the car, and second, idling the car just fills the exhaust with condensed water from the exhaust, which never gets to operating temperature idling.

If you are worried about prolonged periods of inactivity, get a battery tender!
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 04:43 PM   #4
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Idling your car is a terrible way to attempt keeping the battery charged.

First of all, it takes at least 30 minutes to put back the energy used to start the car, and second, idling the car just fills the exhaust with condensed water from the exhaust, which never gets to operating temperature idling.

If you are worried about prolonged periods of inactivity, get a battery tender!
I agree, you may have caused your own issue, and it the battery went completely dead (where you couldn't start the car) you may have trashed the battery... First thing I would do is go buy a replacement battery and see if that fixes things...
After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 04:44 PM   #5
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
If it broke down while driving, it's probably not the battery. Not sure what kind of modifications you've done, but if any of them have electrical connections, better check them out.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 08:34 PM   #6
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
This sounds like a battery problem possibly related to modifications. There is not much information here considering the car actually has a voltmeter in the main display.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 11:12 PM   #7
Taliyahk

As mentioned above I have no performance modifications yet!
Old 01-01-2023, 11:15 PM   #8
Taliyahk

I believe when it was took to chevy the first time that is what they did..replaced the battery and thats when it broke down while driving. It s currently still in the shop so hopefully by now they know Whats wrong and everything should be under warranty still. I just wanted to see what others may think since they mentioned they didnt have an idea at first. Thank you for your response I really appreciate it!
Old 01-02-2023, 12:31 AM   #9
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Get yourself a new battery and be done with it.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 08:20 AM   #10
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliyahk View Post
As mentioned above I have no performance modifications yet!
You said in the OP that you had physical modifications. If that included lights or anything electrical, that could be related to your issue(s).
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 08:38 AM   #11
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
The OP already replaced the battery and it died the next day while driving. Why is nobody bringing up the possibility of a failing alternator?
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 10:36 AM   #12
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
The OP already replaced the battery and it died the next day while driving. Why is nobody bringing up the possibility of a failing alternator?
Certainly possible.
What is/was the voltmeter showing before new battery, after new battery, etc.? The voltmeter is there to give you some idea of what the charging system is trying to do.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 11:46 AM   #13
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonZ28 View Post
You said in the OP that you had physical modifications. If that included lights or anything electrical, that could be related to your issue(s).
Ding ding ding. Op if you have led side markers or any other lighting mods, remove and put back to stock. I have seen a ton of issues on these boards related to aftermarket lighting.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 05:26 PM   #14
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Take it back to the dealer and let them check it. That’s what your warranty is for!��