Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-13-2015, 03:13 PM   #1
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Wink Is Camaro5 worse than gambling?

Seems all I do is surf this website which leads me to buying mods...which leads to more upgrades!

I owned a 92' Camaro RS right out of high school. Still had the car when I meet my wife. We started having kids and before you know it. The mini van and Chevy Avalanche showed up.

Fast forward to Thanksgiving 2012 and my Avalanche has 297,000 miles on it. Wife knows I've been checking out the 5thGen Camaros and says "go get one..I know you love Camaros. We already have a family car so..."

Well after I picked myself off the floor I ran down to the nearest Chevy dealer and 3 hours later returned home with a brand new 2013 2LT/RS Camaro.

I was in heaven!

All was well with the world until I did a Google search on oil change for a V6 Camaro. Next thing you know I'm on C5 reading about all the great "mods" I should have for the V6 LFX car.

First came the CAI...then the MRT2.0 exhaust...then the audio upgrades...then the VMAX throttle body and ext.

Went to my first autox event at a car show in Pomona, CA and shortly after that I had to get the 1LE suspension kit & SS Brembo's & 1LE strut bar..

So after two years of being on C5 and making some great friends all around the world and having been helped along the way by some great knowledgeable members here I hit the HPDE tracks!

Then off to the Fontana Speedway I go! Then Streets of Willow....ext....ect...

A few tires changes later I starting looking to add HP....

Then I start saving for the IPF supercharger. At around 6-7k I thought hey...this is the last thing I need to make my V6 car a track monster right? Then the wife throws me another curve ball. She says instead of spending that kind of money on a V6 car why don't you just go get the car you want.

I married an amazing woman!

So after picking myself off the floor again I decided to put the V6 car up for sell and start shopping for my ZL1. I was expecting this to take around 6 months to find a buyer and find the car I wanted. I listed the V6 car for sell on November 21st 2014 almost 2 years to the date when I bought the car. In less than a month the car sold. During that time I received a PM from another C5 member who said he wanted to sell is ZL1 but hadn't listed it for sell yet. I made arrangement to go see the car and had a test drive...I was hooked. lol

The really cool part was that he had added the few basic mods I wanted to do (listed below). So this car was turn key for me.

I picked the ZL1 up on 1/02/2015 and have been happy as can be ever since.

My 5 year old daughter still asked why I changed the color of my car from Blue to Red (Blue Ray Metallic to Victory Red) lol

SO really C5 has been to blame for all this.....

I could have been ignorant to all the Camaro modding stuff and not known any better with my stock V6.

Now I own a bad ass ZL1 thx to C5!

Please tell me I'm not the only one with this kind of story here on C5?
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 03:13 PM   #2
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
*worse

EDIT: Ah, okay!

And yes, this site is addicting, leading to the spending of time and money.
NJScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 03:19 PM   #3
Need4speed_motorsports

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
haha sounds like a good thing to me, you got a beast ZL1 and your happy.
Need4speed_motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 03:23 PM   #4
Firehawk178
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Victory Red
C5 is the debbil.. I have the ZL1 itch too.
Firehawk178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 03:23 PM   #5
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
I have no interest in mods but just ordered one of those vitese controllers. So, yeah...
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 03:25 PM   #6
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
BTW, I would love to trade my 2012 black 2LS for a 2012 black ZL1...if anyone is interested.
NJScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 03:29 PM   #7
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
*worse

EDIT: Ah, okay!

And yes, this site is addicting, leading to the spending of time and money.
Ya, you were a little quick on the trigger. lol
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:29 PM   #8
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Yep joined C5 two and a half years ago and I've been spending $$$ ever since...
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 03:32 PM   #9
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Well is it worse, I don't know, but I do know I have spent much more money through Camaro5 than I have gambling.

Yes, I know I have an addiction, but in no way do I have any plans to change it.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 03:38 PM   #10
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Camaro5=Money Sink
Old 01-13-2015, 03:41 PM   #11
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Well with gambling you have a better than 50% chance of losing. When you have a Camaro and are a member of this site how can you ever lose? We are all winners in my book.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:43 PM   #12
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Well with gambling you have a better than 50% chance of losing. When you have a Camaro and are a member of this site how can you ever lose? We are all winners in my book.
LOL, good point!
Old 01-13-2015, 03:58 PM   #13
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
When I Get on the forums the 1st thing I do is browse all the classifieds to see if I want to spend cash on anything :O
Old 01-13-2015, 04:01 PM   #14
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Joined a few months ago and this place has been addicting. About to make my first big purchase next month and it will be more than I have gamble, yes I will be losing that money but I will adding some nice smiles including my own and more car friends. But it has not got to the worse part just yet that will be in the near future.
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote