Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-16-2019, 09:53 PM   #1
InfernoMan2011

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 1LT
Add Factory Heated Seats to 1LT?

I'm currently in the process of installing my iData Maestro Kit-CAM1 with a Kenwood DMX906S head unit, and I'm waiting on the two antenna adapters to come in, so figured I'd ask this question while I'm waiting since I need to make a final decision on how to program the functions for the buttons on the face of the KIT-CAM1.

My car is a 2011 1LT, and just after the first of the year, I'm getting my interior replaced with Katzkin leather. I've done some searching and have not been able to find any definitive answer, but i'd like to added heated seats at the same time. The caveat here is that I would really like to be able to control them via the programmed buttons on the Kit-CAM1 face.

Does anybody know if this is possible using the factory heated seat parts, since my car did not originally come with heated seats? Is this something programmed in the BCM that will keep the Maestro kit from working with it? If I can't integrate them cleanly and have to add additional physical switches I'll probably just forgo them, but would make 100% sense to add them when having the seats recovered. Any info appreciated.
InfernoMan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 11:07 PM   #2
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoMan2011 View Post
I'm currently in the process of installing my iData Maestro Kit-CAM1 with a Kenwood DMX906S head unit, and I'm waiting on the two antenna adapters to come in, so figured I'd ask this question while I'm waiting since I need to make a final decision on how to program the functions for the buttons on the face of the KIT-CAM1.

My car is a 2011 1LT, and just after the first of the year, I'm getting my interior replaced with Katzkin leather. I've done some searching and have not been able to find any definitive answer, but i'd like to added heated seats at the same time. The caveat here is that I would really like to be able to control them via the programmed buttons on the Kit-CAM1 face.

Does anybody know if this is possible using the factory heated seat parts, since my car did not originally come with heated seats? Is this something programmed in the BCM that will keep the Maestro kit from working with it? If I can't integrate them cleanly and have to add additional physical switches I'll probably just forgo them, but would make 100% sense to add them when having the seats recovered. Any info appreciated.

Your bcm does not need reprogrammed to add heated seats. All body wiring included heated seat wiring but you’ll need to add the capability in the HU which your aftermarket does. You also need factory heated seats or wire your seats as factory heated seats that plug into the body seat harness. I just added factory heated seats and the aftermarket HU and they work perfect.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:54 PM   #3
InfernoMan2011

Thanks!

Excellent news! Thanks for the reply. So as long as they are wired up same as factory they should just work with the Maestro RR & my KIT-CAM1. Don't need the heat as much here in Central Arkansas, but Dec - Feb it's nice to have!
Old 03-16-2021, 12:02 PM   #4
InfernoMan2011

Ready to install........

I'm reviving this thread as I'm finally about to do this. The electronics guy at the shop doing my interior install said they can't wire into the existing wiring with the heated seats they use. But he said the GMs require BCM programming. As @SIM Ghostrdrz says above, it sounds like it should work fine with factory wired seat heaters. However, before I buy the seat heaters I wanted to see if anybody can confirm which parts I need to order.

Do I just need the Lower seat heater and the back/upper seat heater element for each seat? Are the seat heater controls already present and I just have to plug in the elements to the body harness? I was going to check this myself but apparently the seat bolts are pretty tough to remove and I don't want to strip the bolt before taking the car in to have the interior installed. Any info appreciated.
Old 03-16-2021, 12:04 PM   #5
InfernoMan2011

Seat Heaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
Your bcm does not need reprogrammed to add heated seats. All body wiring included heated seat wiring but you’ll need to add the capability in the HU which your aftermarket does. You also need factory heated seats or wire your seats as factory heated seats that plug into the body seat harness. I just added factory heated seats and the aftermarket HU and they work perfect.
Did you just buy the factory seat heater elements? Or are there additional parts needed like the heater control module?
Old 05-17-2024, 02:26 PM   #6
Miloispunk

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro
Sorry to bring back this dead thread, but does anyone know how to wire your seats as factory heated seats that plug into the body seat harness?
Miloispunk is offline   Reply With Quote