Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

Old 10-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
Halo Super Cars

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
F/S K&N V8 polished intake brand new

I've got a K&N 69-4519TP intake for the V8, that is brand new still in the box. $250 shipped takes it.
Halo Super Cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
Halo Super Cars

$200 shipped, need to get this out of here. Typhoon Short Ram Air Intake Filter Assembly Polished. Brand new, never opened.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:49 AM   #3
rh13

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
ill take it if they are still available next month
rh13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:52 AM   #4
dangjohnny

Drives: ‘21 ZL1 1LE 6MT
I had one on here for a few weeks. Brand new typhoon kit in the box for $170 and not one offer. I sold it on ebay, got tired of waiting.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:15 AM   #5
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Why are the K&N models so much cheaper than CAI/Roto-fab?
Old 11-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #6
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo Super Cars View Post
$200 shipped, need to get this out of here. Typhoon Short Ram Air Intake Filter Assembly Polished. Brand new, never opened.
With a little instant-chat negotiating you can (I did it a year and a half ago for my V6 before I got my V8) get one of these PLUS a free re-charger kit from AutoAnything.com for $200 shipped.
I'd take this one off your hands for $175 shipped. LMK.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
Halo Super Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh13 View Post
ill take it if they are still available next month
Shoot me an email when you're ready to buy, I'll see if I still have one. mark@halosupercars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
My guess would be manufacturing costs. Just the quantity that K&N produces vs. anyone else gives them an edge on pricing as I'm sure they pay less per unit than their competitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
With a little instant-chat negotiating you can (I did it a year and a half ago for my V6 before I got my V8) get one of these PLUS a free re-charger kit from AutoAnything.com for $200 shipped.
I'd take this one off your hands for $175 shipped. LMK.
PM Sent
Old 11-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo Super Cars View Post
Shoot me an email when you're ready to buy, I'll see if I still have one. mark@halosupercars.com

My guess would be manufacturing costs. Just the quantity that K&N produces vs. anyone else gives them an edge on pricing as I'm sure they pay less per unit than their competitors.

PM Sent
PM being replied to; thanks.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #9
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
The CAI brand have that totally enclosed box so I can see why they'd be a little more but I have no idea why the almost-identical Roto-fab's and others like it are.
I had one of these model 69 K&N's on my V6 before I got the V8 and they are great, well made units. It added instant pep, looked awesome, sounded badass and never thru a CEL.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #10
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Quote:
The question is why in the hell are CAI/Roto-fab so damn expensive? It's a plastic tube for god sake.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #11
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
The question is why in the hell are CAI/Roto-fab so damn expensive? It's a plastic tube for god sake.
K&N is a mass producer of intakes for just about every model car available. CAI, RF, ADM, Halltech, and many of the others were made specifically for our car and done by a small business. You're paying for R&D along with materials since smaller business's pay more for materials. For that extra cost you get great customer service and typically better results. The better intakes will get you double the gains of the K&N. So, twice the gains for less than twice the costs.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #12
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
The better intakes will get you double the gains of the K&N. So, twice the gains for less than twice the costs.
Highly doubt this assertion. I've had a K&N Typhoon before on my V6 before I got the V8 and to me it was awesome.
I snagged one of these V8 versions from the OP for a great price and I think he has 1-2 left for whoever may be interested.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #13
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
K&N is a mass producer of intakes for just about every model car available. CAI, RF, ADM, Halltech, and many of the others were made specifically for our car and done by a small business. You're paying for R&D along with materials since smaller business's pay more for materials. For that extra cost you get great customer service and typically better results. The better intakes will get you double the gains of the K&N. So, twice the gains for less than twice the costs.

Soooooo untrue

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #14
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
Highly doubt this assertion. I've had a K&N Typhoon before on my V6 before I got the V8 and to me it was awesome.
I snagged one of these V8 versions from the OP for a great price and I think he has 1-2 left for whoever may be interested.
All we have to go on is what people post, as far as HP gains. Manufacturer claims mean absolutely NOTHING as they can rarely be repeated. I've yet to see anyone post more than 5-8whp for a K&N of any kind. We have multiple members posting dyno sheets of 13-18whp from some of the better CAI's. Do you know something we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
Soooooo untrue
What part, or all of it?

I'm not dogging K&N at all. They make a decent product for the price. I just answered the question as to why the others are more expensive.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote