Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas > Local Marketplace

Old 11-29-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
moiy1983

Drives: 2010 camaro ss/rs
Lightbulb Kooks Exhaust for a 2010 Camaro SS

Im selling my exhaust for $875 obo PM me if intrested
http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/2082099474.html
moiy1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:26 AM   #2
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
why are you selling?
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:07 AM   #3
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Is that from the 3" system?

If so don't the headers need to come with it?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:24 AM   #4
moiy1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Is that from the 3" system?

If so don't the headers need to come with it?
yes its a 3" system. but the headers dont come with it...
Old 11-30-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by moiy1983 View Post
yes its a 3" system. but the headers dont come with it...
Just make sure that people know they won't be able to just hook it up to the factory mid-pipes or even LT headers easily.

The factory mid-pipes and most HF cats have a 2.5" outlet. They will need something to convert the 2.5" outlet to the 3" inlet of that cat-back. I haven't seen anyone sell this yet so it would probably have to be custom made or they might be able to check with KOOKS to see if they have something. Last I heard they did not.

I'm sure not everyone understands that and if they buy it and find out it won't hook up to thier system they're going to be pissed.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 11-30-2010, 02:01 PM   #6
moiy1983

Thumbs up

Quote:
Just make sure that people know they won't be able to just hook it up to the factory mid-pipes or even LT headers easily.

The factory mid-pipes and most HF cats have a 2.5" outlet. They will need something to convert the 2.5" outlet to the 3" inlet of that cat-back. I haven't seen anyone sell this yet so it would probably have to be custom made or they might be able to check with KOOKS to see if they have something. Last I heard they did not.

I'm sure not everyone understands that and if they buy it and find out it won't hook up to thier system they're going to be pissed.
thats a good point! it will definetly only fit with kooks headers. The kit will fit any Kooks long tube header, anything from 1 3/4" to a 2" header. thanks agian guys!
Old 11-30-2010, 03:51 PM   #7
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by moiy1983 View Post
thats a good point! it will definetly only fit with kooks headers. The kit will fit any Kooks long tube header, anything from 1 3/4" to a 2" header. thanks agian guys!
Not necessarily true.....that's what I'm trying to tell you.

If someone just buys a set of KOOKS (with or without cats) they are going to come with connection pipes with that have a 3" inlet and 2.5" outlet. This is by design so that it can hook up to the factory exhaust (2.5" inlet).

Unless something has changed your KOOKS cat-back should be a 3" inlet. If you bought the complete KOOKS 3" exhaust then I'm 99% sure it will be a 3" inlet. The buyer would have to have some kind of connection pipe that would be 3" inlet and 3" outlet and those aren't just readily available everywhere. From my understanding you couldn't get the 3" KOOKS cat-back without buying the whole system for that reason.

You'll probalby have the same problem with your mid-pipes if you took them off and are trying to go to a different cat-back. Most cat-backs have a 2.5" inlet. If your mid-pipes (connection pipe) is a 3" in and 3" out you're going to have a harder time finding a cat-back to fit.

I would just double check the in-let on the cat-back and see if it's 3" or 2.5". I just wanted to bring this to your attention so that you don't sell this to someone with the intentions that it would fit only to find out it won't. Someone would be pissed and it won't turn out to be a fun transaction.

BTW: KOOKS isn't the only one that's this way. Anyone that sells a complete 3" system will have the same design.

Just saying......
Build Journal
Old 11-30-2010, 04:24 PM   #8
moiy1983

ok let me clearify this for everyone. to make this kit work you will need to buy a set of kooks headers. If the headers u get come with a mid pipe u just dont use the mid pipe they send u. the header bolts right up to this kit. u might not be able to see the mid pipe in the pic but it is included on this kit. it is the actual cat pipe before the x-pipe. i just spoke to jeff at IPS motorsports and the assured me again that this kit would work with any kooks header. I would not of switched exhaust if i couldnt resale my old exhast.hope this clearifys any confusion.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:36 PM   #9
caverman

Agreed....if you include the mid-pipe in the deal it will fit KOOKS and pretty much any LT header for that matter.

Your pic doesn't show the mid-pipe and you never mentioned it which is why I wanted to bring it to your attention.

That also explains how you got another cat-back hooked up to your headers. You more than likely got a new mid-pipe for your headers.
Build Journal
Old 11-30-2010, 04:48 PM   #10
moiy1983

Quote:
Agreed....if you include the mid-pipe in the deal it will fit KOOKS and pretty much any LT header for that matter.

Your pic doesn't show the mid-pipe and you never mentioned it which is why I wanted to bring it to your attention.

That also explains how you got another cat-back hooked up to your headers. You more than likely got a new mid-pipe for your headers.
ding ding ding winner winner chicken dinner....too funny...no harm done i guees that was my bad for not mentioning the mide pipe. ill get some better pics together to post up!Anyone intrested pm me. Ill bring the price down to $800 and deliverd in the houston area!
Old 11-30-2010, 09:56 PM   #11
caverman

Sorry.....I didn't to jack your thread or make it look like you were trying to scam or anything. That definately wasn't my intention at all. I just wanted to make sure that you or who ever is intrested understood what's up. Alot of people don't know/understand about how those 3" cat-backs that have a 3" inlet work.

Sounds like you have it all covered.....and like I said that should fit pretty much any LT header as long as the mid-pipe is included.

BTW: Make sure to post your thread over on ModernCamaro as well. I mostly surf here but I have an account over there and I've actually sold a couple things to people that were there and not here.
Build Journal
Old 12-01-2010, 12:21 AM   #12
moiy1983

Talking

Quote:
Sorry.....I didn't to jack your thread or make it look like you were trying to scam or anything. That definately wasn't my intention at all. I just wanted to make sure that you or who ever is intrested understood what's up. Alot of people don't know/understand about how those 3" cat-backs that have a 3" inlet work.

Sounds like you have it all covered.....and like I said that should fit pretty much any LT header as long as the mid-pipe is included.

BTW: Make sure to post your thread over on ModernCamaro as well. I mostly surf here but I have an account over there and I've actually sold a couple things to people that were there and not here.
no problem caverman... im just glad its all clear up... thanks for the advice on modern camaro. it xmas time and i have 4 little ones to shop for and this would help out
Old 12-07-2010, 08:09 PM   #13
moiy1983

SOLD