Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-21-2015, 05:02 PM   #1
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Front GFX Splitter Popped Out

Last week when I was washing the car the sponge got caught in between the bumper and splitter and I don't if it popped the one side out or something else happened. I think when I was out somewhere and when I was in a parking lot I hit a pot hole very slowly and it popped out and I had no idea that it happened because it felt rough underneath that area and smooth everywhere else. I know for a fact that no one hit me because there would be scratches or a mark somewhere so I believe that it just popped out hitting a pot hole. Any advice on popping it back in without taking it off. Here are a couple pics, again something very minor. I know the car is a bit dirty, it was raining here today plus temps have be up and down so been very careful on washing it
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2015, 07:32 PM   #2
13BRM2SSRS

Drives: 13 Camaro 2SS Vert L99
How was the splitter installed? Was the factory install kit used? I ask because it looks like it has doubled sided tape where its loose and tape is not normally used in that location. The only tape is on the sides directly in front of the wheels not across the front.
Black GFX / Dynatech Supermaxx LT Headers / FR Black Chrome ZL1 Replicas 275/315 / RDP Tune / CAI / VMAX TB / MBRP SS Catback / Gtechniq CSL & EXOV3 / VTC / RX Catch Can / Valentine 1 / Halo DRL / LED Fogs
13BRM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 07:47 PM   #3
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

It's the factory GFX package. And their is no tape anywhere on the bumper. It came out from underneath the bumper and seeing if their is a way to pop it back in without taking the whole thing off.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:55 PM   #4
13BRM2SSRS

Drives: 13 Camaro 2SS Vert L99
Ok I guess its just some kind of reflection from the flash. I just installed the factory GFX on mine back in December. If you push in, then downward it should snap back into place.
Black GFX / Dynatech Supermaxx LT Headers / FR Black Chrome ZL1 Replicas 275/315 / RDP Tune / CAI / VMAX TB / MBRP SS Catback / Gtechniq CSL & EXOV3 / VTC / RX Catch Can / Valentine 1 / Halo DRL / LED Fogs
13BRM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 08:17 PM   #5
UA488Fitter

Drives: 1981 Z28 1995 Z28 2010 2SS/RS
Here's a few threads to look through so you know how the spoiler attaches to the car.
They may help you to decide how to fix it.

Check post #8 here, it shows the mounting hardware that is popriveted to the frount fascia.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59669

Check post #36 here, it shows the spoiler mounting lip
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=78097&page=2

As long as the mounting hardware is not broken.
The spoiler should be flexable enough that you should be able to push on the front of spoiler with your knee.
That should lift the mounting lip on the spoiler up enough to be above the mounting hardware.
Then push down on the top rear of the spoiler to re-engage it into the mounting hardware.
You also may want to use a towel on your knee and ware cotton gloves to avoid sratching anything.

Hope this suggestion works for you.
Keep us posted if it does.
UA488Fitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:10 PM   #6
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Thanks for the advice will try it later. I tried pulling downward and pushing it in and it did not work, nothing looks broken just part of it popped out. If the last resort is to take it off and re-attach it that's what I'll do.