Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-07-2015, 07:52 PM   #1
BowtieV8
Longtime Chevy Girl

Drives: Not a VVette…yet
Final Minor Tweaks??

Hi everyone! I've been creeping in on Camaro5 and Camaro6 for many years now. Finally decided to make an account and join in the fun discussions.

While the new Corvette is a sexy beast of a car, I am also super curious about what the next Camaro will give us. Everything so far seems like it will be amazing. But there is just one thing I can't get over - the steering wheel controls. I'm a girl who loves to drive manual cars. As such, it has never made sense that the volume controls are on the right side of the steering wheel like Chevy always does. Why not just have that on the left side since my right hand will be otherwise occupied, as well as right next to the large volume control knob anyway? Is there ANY chance Chevy can change that for the production car? Maybe for the 2017? I probably would never get an aftermarket steering wheel, so I hope they could just make it happen.

Next question: are there any other minor minor tweaks or changes you want to see? I'm talking easy stuff that could possibly be rolled out either for production 2016, or even 2017. We all already know about the cries for medium blue and engine options. I'm curious about mostly interior cosmetic and aesthetic things.

So happy to hopefully be a part of this awesome community finally!
BowtieV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:33 PM   #2
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieV8 View Post
Hi everyone! I've been creeping in on Camaro5 and Camaro6 for many years now. Finally decided to make an account and join in the fun discussions.

While the new Corvette is a sexy beast of a car, I am also super curious about what the next Camaro will give us. Everything so far seems like it will be amazing. But there is just one thing I can't get over - the steering wheel controls. I'm a girl who loves to drive manual cars. As such, it has never made sense that the volume controls are on the right side of the steering wheel like Chevy always does. Why not just have that on the left side since my right hand will be otherwise occupied, as well as right next to the large volume control knob anyway? Is there ANY chance Chevy can change that for the production car? Maybe for the 2017? I probably would never get an aftermarket steering wheel, so I hope they could just make it happen.

Next question: are there any other minor minor tweaks or changes you want to see? I'm talking easy stuff that could possibly be rolled out either for production 2016, or even 2017. We all already know about the cries for medium blue and engine options. I'm curious about mostly interior cosmetic and aesthetic things.

So happy to hopefully be a part of this awesome community finally!
Welcome to the forums

as far as the steering wheel controls and an manual transmissions..... technically most of us don't drive with our hand in the proper positions. We are supposed to have both hands on the wheel, but most rest our right hand on the shifter. So, if both hands are on the wheel, then most people are right handed, so the most used controls should be accessible to the right hand. make sense?

After doing many track days, autocross, and having instructors in my car telling me both hands on the wheel, it has become more of routine now. Hand should only go to the shifter when you need to shift

other tweaks I would like to see? Not sure, I loved my 5th gen and think I will love the 6th gen even more..... Hopefully the camaro gets the PDR like the vette does
Old 04-07-2015, 08:38 PM   #3
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Isn't it bad for the shifter to keep your hand on it anyways?
Old 04-07-2015, 08:49 PM   #4
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
No
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:11 PM   #5
BowtieV8
Longtime Chevy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Welcome to the forums

as far as the steering wheel controls and an manual transmissions..... technically most of us don't drive with our hand in the proper positions. We are supposed to have both hands on the wheel, but most rest our right hand on the shifter. So, if both hands are on the wheel, then most people are right handed, so the most used controls should be accessible to the right hand. make sense?

After doing many track days, autocross, and having instructors in my car telling me both hands on the wheel, it has become more of routine now. Hand should only go to the shifter when you need to shift

other tweaks I would like to see? Not sure, I loved my 5th gen and think I will love the 6th gen even more..... Hopefully the camaro gets the PDR like the vette does
Yeah, that makes sense. It's still a bit of a bummer though. There are a lot of things in life I don't do "proper" but……….I'm only human. I don't foresee any track days in my future, so I probably will always keep this habit up.

Interesting, I think there's a pretty good chance they will have the PDR. At least in the beefed up versions, right??
Old 04-07-2015, 10:32 PM   #6
Iroc_Z28

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I have heard that it causes the shifter bushing to wear faster by constantly resting your hand on the shifter......best bet is to only touch the shifter when you're shifting
Old 04-08-2015, 12:15 AM   #7
BowtieV8
Longtime Chevy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroc_Z28 View Post
I have heard that it causes the shifter bushing to wear faster by constantly resting your hand on the shifter......best bet is to only touch the shifter when you're shifting
Oh….well….

Whoops.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:35 AM   #8
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroc_Z28 View Post
Perhaps if you're apply some degree of pressure, but not if your hand is just using it as an arm rest with no pressure.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:50 AM   #9
BowtieV8
Longtime Chevy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Perhaps if you're apply some degree of pressure, but not if your hand is just using it as an arm rest with no pressure.
Yeah, what he said!
Old 04-08-2015, 09:42 AM   #10
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieV8 View Post
Yeah, what he said!
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/tec...ear-shift.html

I'll avoid doing it...just cuz ^^^
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:51 AM   #11
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
I know, right?

I personally had to rework the shifter and mechanicals after about 200,000 miles.

Sure did have fun fiddling with my knob though.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:26 PM   #12
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
No
Might wear out the muffler bearings.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:37 PM   #13
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
Heehee.

I'm immature I'm sorry.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:30 PM   #14
BowtieV8
Longtime Chevy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
Haaa!! I see what you did there…

And don't worry Fenwick, I'm exactly the same way. Immaturity and variety are the spice of life!