Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-23-2022, 01:19 PM   #1
Davval

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT V6, 2018 Silverado
Oil Pressure Issues at cold start

For background reference Please see post:

Timing Chain Idler Sprocket bolts

starting to get off topic so I started a new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davval View Post
I ordered a new filter cover that will get here on Saturday. Ill replace that first and see if it makes a difference. As far as the black valve in the filter housing I cant seem to find a replacement, the whole filter assembly would have to be replaced. there is also another valve at the bottom of the filter assembly inside the block that I can't find on any diagram

I replaced the filter cover with the built in pressure relief valve and its the same. I tried 3 different cartridge filters and the AC Delco branded filter actually made it worse. Running without an oil filter builds up very very little oil pressure for some reason. I will be replacing the Oil pick up tube gasket in the coming weeks to see if that makes a difference, I will also be inspecting the oil filter housing and weird little valve I've seen on some GMC Acadia forums that's in-between the oil pan and filter housing. I'm thinking that I have a leak or blockage in the oil system. I have tried 0w-30 motor oil and that seemed to help with the cold starts. 10w30 made it way worse so I don't think it's wear in the mains or the timing system. At idle and at operating temp I'm getting 28 PSI on the gauge, 70+ at cold start and 70+ under acceleration.

Post from Acadia Forum:

https://www.acadiaforum.net/threads/...k-valve.33041/

Last edited by Davval; 02-23-2022 at 04:19 PM.
Davval is offline   Reply With Quote