Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
njhardc0re

Drives: 2SS/RS
MBRP Cat Back 304 Stainless

Anyone have any experiences with the MBRP Cat Back 304 Stainless system (V8)?
I heard some clips and wanted to know if anyone actually had it..

Thanks!
njhardc0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
I have the 304 cat back system on my Manual SS.

I like it. It is a deep mellow tone, not too loud but a nice low rumble. It's sounds much different then a Flow Master or Stainless Works exhaust, those are more loud and aggressive raspy sounding.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:38 PM   #3
TC

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS-RS
I've got their x pipe with no cats or resonators, and it's pretty loud. Sounds really good at low to mid rpm- gets a little loud with some droan on highway. Keep it in 5th gear though and your golden!
TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
njhardc0re

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
I have the 304 cat back system on my Manual SS.

I like it. It is a deep mellow tone, not too loud but a nice low rumble. It's sounds much different then a Flow Master or Stainless Works exhaust, those are more loud and aggressive raspy sounding.
Def don't want raspy. I just want to have one that doesn't go completely silent when cruising. I was originally was going to go for the magnaflow comp series but I heard that is pretty quiet unless you step on the gas.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:53 PM   #5
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by njhardc0re View Post
Def don't want raspy. I just want to have one that doesn't go completely silent when cruising. I was originally was going to go for the magnaflow comp series but I heard that is pretty quiet unless you step on the gas.
Ahh, well this has a good sound at start up and idle, a rev sounds good but not as impressive as it sounds when taking off, under load it sounds much better. At freeway speeds it's a nice low rumble and not too loud to drive you nuts.

Good luck in whatever you choose.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:04 PM   #6
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Are you wanting to go with 3" only? If you can stick with 2.5" I would recommend you look into Magnaflow's 2.5" Comp Series (different than their 3") or the SOLO Mach X.

MBRP is a very good system as well. It was #1 on my list for a long time. Ended making my own Magnaflow/Factory system for about 1/2 the cost. I would've gone MBRP if I was willing to spend that kind of money.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:29 PM   #7
njhardc0re

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Are you wanting to go with 3" only? If you can stick with 2.5" I would recommend you look into Magnaflow's 2.5" Comp Series (different than their 3") or the SOLO Mach X.

MBRP is a very good system as well. It was #1 on my list for a long time. Ended making my own Magnaflow/Factory system for about 1/2 the cost. I would've gone MBRP if I was willing to spend that kind of money.
This one is only about $200 more than the comp series.
http://www.camaropartsoutlet.com/69504/119.html
Old 03-16-2010, 05:44 PM   #8
jachevy28
Camaro. Is. Life.

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Ahh, well this has a good sound at start up and idle, a rev sounds good but not as impressive as it sounds when taking off, under load it sounds much better. At freeway speeds it's a nice low rumble and not too loud to drive you nuts.

Good luck in whatever you choose.
I have MBRP as well on my daily driver. Definitely happy with the sound (and I had a Corsa on my '02 Z28 for reference). SummoneR describes it well above...it resonates and rumbles at a low octave and sounds great at idle, and under load at low rpm's...which is where most of my daily driving occurs.
jachevy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:00 PM   #9
SATXLS3

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 Crew
MBRP 3in

Quote:
Anyone have any experiences with the MBRP Cat Back 304 Stainless system (V8)?
I heard some clips and wanted to know if anyone actually had it..

Thanks!
I have the 3in MBRP T304 stainless cat back on my M6 LS3. Love it! Worth the money! Sounds awesome at start up, revs, cruise. Loud but not obnoxious. One person told me it sounded like a vette! Going with the CAI next, which should sound even better! Good Luck!
SATXLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:01 PM   #10
njhardc0re

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATXLS3 View Post
I have the 3in MBRP T304 stainless cat back on my M6 LS3. Love it! Worth the money! Sounds awesome at start up, revs, cruise. Loud but not obnoxious. One person told me it sounded like a vette! Going with the CAI next, which should sound even better! Good Luck!
Very cool