Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-23-2010, 03:07 AM   #15
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
Sponsorship has zero to do with getting "Free" stuff. It is an agreement between vendor and the sponsored party, where the vendor receives marketing value from the deal. It isn't the sales managers who approve or award sponsorship deals, it is the marketing guys. I've had numerous vehicles with sponsored parts, and nothing was "Free" about those parts. The hours you spend promoting brands on the internet, attending shows and major events across the country, magazine feature coverage, etc... are what pay for these parts. Think of it as an exchange for your time, and your reputation. The more time you can (and prove) to devote, the more major shows you attend, and the better your reputation, the more you get sponsorship deals.

I sell wheels, and I don't even get free wheels from vendors. That would be nice

Tony
Tony hit me up with some wheels, I'll pimp the hell out of them at shows!

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:11 AM   #16
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I have a sponsorship from Wilson racquetball...

I get gear every year and in return I am expected to play in tournaments and conduct training courses...

In exchange for the gear, I let people look at my gear, use the racquets and then direct them on how and where to purchase the gear...

It's a win for me (gear once a year) and it's a win for Wilson as people get to see and play with the newest gear from Wilson at tournaments I attend and at the training sessions...
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:17 AM   #17
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER BULLITT View Post
no point cam-maro ..... these people either dont get it or just haters , but thanks for the kind words
What is there to get?
You are on here whining that you are almost out of money but you want more parts for your car that apparently you can't afford by your own admission.
Here's a novel concept EITHER GET A BETTER JOB OR GET A SECOND JOB.
Alot of things I want for my Camaro,just like most people,but you don't see everyone coming on here crying and BEGGING to be given a deal.
Your car is nice,don't get me wrong,but there are much nicer ones on here with owners that arn't out hustling because they are broke. Those are the deserving people.
And maybe I am a hater. I hate to have to work for my stuff and I hate to have to do without until I can afford more. So yea,I'm a hater.
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:58 AM   #18
racrx451

Drives: 2010 white SS
I have several sponsors in roadracing and the key is to get the product out there but you have to hold up your end of the deal.

I would've done the same thing with my car had I attended a lot of shows. I was in the running to have my car on a very popular tv show.. do you think vendors woulda wanted their parts on the car during that taping?? hell yes they would! nothing like free advertising for a reduced cost of product.
racrx451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:27 AM   #19
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Frankly this is a pathetic way to ask for a sponsorship. I myself work in the Music industry and we offer up sponsorships for bands and musicians giving them guitars, drum sets and other musical instrument related products sometimes at a discount or free based on their reputation and resume.

We would never offer up goods to someone begging on a forum. There are ways to go about requesting a sponsorship or endorsement and this is not the correct way and in fact is a turn off for most companies wanting to show off their products. A respectable way was mentioned by IndPower by building a resume and showing the vendor or manufacture how you can help market their product.

Good Luck to you on your pan handling efforts.

Last edited by irocnroll; 08-23-2010 at 09:38 AM.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:36 AM   #20
racrx451

Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
Frankly this is a pathetic way to ask for a sponsorship. I myself work in the Music industry and we offer up sponsorships for bands and musicians giving them guitars, drum sets and other musical instrument related products sometimes at a discount or free based on their reputation and resume.

We would never offer up goods to someone begging on a forum. There are ways to go about requesting a sponsorship or endorsement and this is not the correct way and in fact is a turn of for most companies wanting to show off their products. A respectable way was mentioned by IndPower by building a resume and showing the vendor or manufacture how you can market their product.

Good Luck to you on your pan handling efforts.
I agree... I have a full racing resume and go directly to the source of what I need. maybe I need to put a resume together for the car since I have some great intentions down the road.. ie.. roadracing the car.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:41 AM   #21
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Another KEY note that hasn't been mentioned. Getting a sponsorship has zero to do with not having money to buy something. In fact, you are likely to get more sponsors interested when you have plenty of money to spend. Especially when it comes to cars and such. The sponsor wants to be sure you live up to your arrangement, and it costs money to finish project vehicles and travel around hitting up shows. Someone who is broke can't exactly finish projects on time, or have the funds to travel. Just about every sponsored/magazine/SEMA type car owner I know has plenty of cash. You have to be willing to spend thousands to play at this level.

Just some insight
Old 08-23-2010, 09:48 AM   #22
racrx451

Quote:
Another KEY note that hasn't been mentioned. Getting a sponsorship has zero to do with not having money to buy something. In fact, you are likely to get more sponsors interested when you have plenty of money to spend. Especially when it comes to cars and such. The sponsor wants to be sure you live up to your arrangement, and it costs money to finish project vehicles and travel around hitting up shows. Someone who is broke can't exactly finish projects on time, or have the funds to travel. Just about every sponsored/magazine/SEMA type car owner I know has plenty of cash. You have to be willing to spend thousands to play at this level.

Just some insight
true... I have $20K+ invested in my Ducati 848 and that is with sponsors helping out....
Old 08-23-2010, 12:02 PM   #23
Dreamer2430
I need to win the Lotto

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS LS3
Well, as someone who's totally an outsider, I think it's cool that you have some sponsors and are seeking more, but like many have said, the way you're asking makes it seem like you're just some punk kid asking for a free handout and this is probably why some people are upset. From further posts, we can see that this is not the case. You have other sponsors and your car seems very nice from the pictures and your mod list. Best of luck, let us know if you have any success. Maybe next time in the OP, you could state your current sponsors, the parts that they've donated/discounted to you and the events you regularly attend or plan to attend for the potential sponsor to see.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:52 PM   #24
Ltdodge

Drives: 2008 Z06
here is one way to start on your car to get sponsors...
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #25
Mike2ss
Airborne Pathfinder

Drives: Camaro ZL575
guys, not sure why you are hating on a fellow camaro lover who has a different way of getting parts for his car. Sponsorships are not 100% free, sometimes it is a partial sponsorship and sometimes it is a full sponsorship, you can't fault a guy for getting what people are willing to give away.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #26
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
I understand where you're coming from!!! I have a buddy in the 8 lug truck suspension biz. His truck has been to SEMA twice and half of the parts on the truck were comp'd. When he was approached to have it shot for a mag, he approached some of the products he supports that were not on the truck. Several people gave him product just to have it in the magazine.

WIN, WIN for all.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #27
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
It's just odd to see it so genaric like this I guess, that's got some going.

I like Tonys approach much better myself.

Me? I'll DAMN sure take a deal if it's offered. And I have. But I couldn't see myself asking for it.

That being said. I would have just come in this thread, read the post, and backed out of the thread. I got no problem with someone asking, begging, hinting, requesting, whatever the case (............ oh........... and no offence Silver Bullet, but the panhandling remark was hillarious) But I got no problem with it as long as the freebies don't come out of MY pocket in any way.

I woulnd't do it personaly. I guess I'm too proud, but I'm fine with it.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #28
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
Quote:

Just some insight

Oh and it is alot of money and then some nothing is free and you better believe that!!! What is money that papery green stuff that always leaves as fast as it comes??????? Good stuff Tony!!!!!

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote