Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 09-25-2010, 12:28 AM   #253
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad's 2ss View Post
Where can I order the lights
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lade View Post
I got mine from Xenithxenons.com... they are a forum sponsor here. IF you have the IOM interior, the red strips they have are a perfect match.

I believe AAC might also have some color-matched blue/green strips if you have the blue/green ABL....
We carry the full line of AAC and Oracle lighting products and stock most all of the common colors. There is a newer "ambient light" color similar to the stock green/light blue as well. Almost a perfect match.

IOM = Inferno Orange Metallic (Orange) for those who asked.

Take a look at our Facebook Fan Page and see some of the bundle "deals" that we have on the "shop now" tab.

http://www.facebook.com/?page=1&sk=m...7783795&ref=ts

I kinda like the tapping into the dome light myself since it becomes rather automatic, but there are those who want full manual control over it.

The three way switch is another great idea!

Best of luck and post up some finished pics when you're done!
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:12 AM   #254
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
ugh i got the driver side done (tapped into the gray wire for the dome light) but now i cannot get the passenger side to work i cant even find a good ground everything is plastic on the pass. side but anyway there are 3 gray wires on the passenger side i tried all three and still no power any ideas what im doing wrong guys (btw im talking abt the connector with the gray wires on the passenger side if that helps..

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #255
TonyNo

Drives: 2016 2SS, SW
The grey wire I mentioned is on the BCM, not the passenger side.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #256
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badtie View Post
ugh i got the driver side done (tapped into the gray wire for the dome light) but now i cannot get the passenger side to work i cant even find a good ground everything is plastic on the pass. side but anyway there are 3 gray wires on the passenger side i tried all three and still no power any ideas what im doing wrong guys (btw im talking abt the connector with the gray wires on the passenger side if that helps..

When I wired mine up I just t-tapped the passenger side wire into the driver side positive wire. This way Otis all wired to the dome light. As for grounding if you take off the side panels for the center console there is a bolt on both the passenger and driver side. This is a ground, you can tell because Oshawa marked it with a sharpie, the color may vary.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #257
1badtie

ok thats a good idea i will try that out thanks guys

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
Old 09-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #258
TonyNo

LOL The ground point is mentioned in post #1 here.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #259
1badtie

ya it got bad i was getting pissed after the 2 hour mark lol oh well i got the drivers side in and going so hopefully it wont take too long to find that groud on the center consul then tap into the power wire on the drivers side haha

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Old 09-27-2010, 07:21 PM   #260
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
When I did my footweel lighting I too tapped in the gray wire above the gas pedal, but then I ran an extra wire to the passenger side underneath the center console by the gas pedal behind the carpet. I found on the Passenger side a small part of the underdash that had a hole that I could use to thread a screw through and use a double nut to secure it. I put my LED light that was in its holder onto the threaded screw and that served as it ground. The power line was what I ran. I have attached a few pics to give you an idea of how I did mine.

I am working on installing rear courtsey lights in the rear side panels that are a throwback to the types of lights used in the 60's.
Attached Images

3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:27 PM   #261
Phase V
Summer

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM w/ Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to Phase V Send a message via Yahoo to Phase V Send a message via Skype™ to Phase V
nice lights. I'm doing mine tomorrow morning

Restoring or need parts for a Chevy. Look no further than Don's East Coast Restorations
Phase V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:36 PM   #262
TonyNo

Looking forward to seeing the rears... Or is that looking backward? LOL
Old 09-27-2010, 09:54 PM   #263
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNo View Post
Looking forward to seeing the rears... Or is that looking backward? LOL
Looking backwards. LOL. I got the idea from my 65 Mustang Fastabck that has rear courtsey lights for the rear fold down seat. These are the same lights and work great with an 1156 T-18SMD cool white bulbs.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #264
1badtie

ok there are two bolts on the center consol one already has a ground which one are yall usiing can i ground my lights on the bolt that already has a ground on it does that matter?

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Old 09-28-2010, 12:32 PM   #265
13lade

Drives: '11 SIM 2ss/rs LS3 #13363 iom seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badtie View Post
ok there are two bolts on the center consol one already has a ground which one are yall usiing can i ground my lights on the bolt that already has a ground on it does that matter?
I used the driverside bolt. Get a spade or o-ring and crimp it on your grounding wire. Works great.
13lade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:59 AM   #266
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Drives: Red Rock Metallic ZL1
If I tap into the grey wire and put it on a rocker switch, can I just turn it on whenever I want?
Chad's ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote