Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-25-2011, 10:30 PM   #561
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
Just checking in to your thread to see if there are any ideas to steal. Looking good. Hope to see the ride sometime.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:14 PM   #562
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Well Ya'll went to the Fbodygathering this past weekend and had a blast, met a bunch of great people. ACE5 you guys rock and thanks for the hospitality.
Dr Jkel did pretty good at the show He was award the Class winner in the Camaro Super Modified class, I am actually in shock about that and really humbled by the award. Alot of great cars and better people. Wished all you could have made it.
Attached Images

Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #563
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Wow! Your car looks great! Congrats on the award. (What class were you in?)
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:37 PM   #564
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Dr Jkel was a monster machine, his owner is a super nice guy! His honey and I took a trip to Wally World to get some supplies and ended up with some Pirate Booty too! That Alabama gang was awesome to hang around with. Let's do it again soon!

Well, all except the Auburn tent
Attached Images

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:43 PM   #565
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Wow! Your car looks great! Congrats on the award. (What class were you in?)
Terri they put me in the Camaro Super Modified class since I had more than 4 modification. I ONLY spent about 24 hours cleaning, LOL I am awed and humble by this award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
Dr Jkel was a monster machine, his owner is a super nice guy! His honey and I took a trip to Wally World to get some supplies and ended up with some Pirate Booty too! That Alabama gang was awesome to hang around with. Let's do it again soon!

Well, all except the Auburn tent
Diane you and ACE5 were great. I really appreciate you making us feel like part of the family. We will see you again. Oh I will bring a generator, We are put the HO's on notice.

The picture Diane posted is Norm( garcmol) on the left, I am in the middle and Les on the right. Don't know his user name.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #566
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Story Reminder Update

Recently, especially during the Fbodygathering, I have been getting alot of questions about DR JKEL, not the car but the name so I thought I would update the thread so that those who view this thread know where I cam e up with DR JKEL.

First I am not a doctor, but did stay at a Holiday Inn once.

Ok seriously I have two sons, actually they are my nephews, Drew who is 12 now and Jordan who is 14. About 5 years ago their mother passed away from cancer after a long battle. The boys father died earlier from a heart attack so there was these 2 little boys with no Mama and Daddy.

Due to the fact that Wendy ( MOM) had cancer and took chemo every Monday and the boys father was deceased, we had the boys alot more than the past 5 years since the chemo made her sick and she could not take care of them. She had cancer for 8 years and took chemo EVERY Monday. So to say that we have had the boys awhile is an understatement.

Trying to fill in, I taught the boys sports and about cars. then came the movie Transformers. We were all hooked. So I ordered my new ride and waited. While I waited I wanted to somehow make them a part of this car, grow up dreaming of hot rods etc.... So I decided to put their names on my Plates. It took me about 3 weeks re-arranging letters from their name to come up with something that people would understand, be a great conversation starter and something I thought was kinda cool. So once I was done I had Dr Jkel DR is for DREW J is for Jordan and KEL is for my sweety Kelley, thus DRew Jordan and KELley = DR JKEL. It kinda tied into the transformer theme since Dr Jkel and Mr Hyde kinda transformed.

As with all kids Drew, the youngest, said that now that we have Dr Jkel we need Mr Hyde so my truck is now Mr. Hyde. One day they can fight it out on who gets which but at least they will have a piece of Americana and maybe just maybe they will know that they were loved, and have something to show their kids, cherish as I do mine, and have some Bad Assed rides. I have
attached a couple of pictures. The first is Drew Jordan and Kelley from Left to Right. Remember they are 12 and 14

The next is of Mr Hyde. And Lastly me and the boys.
Attached Images

Old 06-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #567
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Recently, especially during the Fbodygathering, I have been getting alot of questions about DR JKEL, not the car but the name so I thought I would update the thread so that those who view this thread know where I cam e up with DR JKEL.

Ok seriously I have two sons, actually they are my nephews, Drew who is 12 now and Jordan who is 14. About 5 years ago their mother passed away from cancer after a long battle. The boys father died earlier from a heart attack so there was these 2 little boys with no Mama and Daddy.

Due to the fact that Wendy ( MOM) had cancer and took chemo every Monday and the boys father was deceased, we had the boys alot more than the past 5 years since the chemo made her sick and she could not take care of them. She had cancer for 8 years and took chemo EVERY Monday. So to say that we have had the boys awhile is an understatement.

Trying to fill in, I taught the boys sports and about cars. then came the movie Transformers. We were all hooked. So I ordered my new ride and waited. While I waited I wanted to somehow make them a part of this car, grow up dreaming of hot rods etc.... So I decided to put their names on my Plates. It took me about 3 weeks re-arranging letters from their name to come up with something that people would understand, be a great conversation starter and something I thought was kinda cool. So once I was done I had Dr Jkel DR is for DREW J is for Jordan and KEL is for my sweety Kelley, thus DRew Jordan and KELley = DR JKEL. It kinda tied into the transformer theme since Dr Jkel and Mr Hyde kinda transformed.

As with all kids Drew, the youngest, said that now that we have Dr Jkel we need Mr Hyde so my truck is now Mr. Hyde. One day they can fight it out on who gets which but at least they will have a piece of Americana and maybe just maybe they will know that they were loved, and have something to show their kids, cherish as I do mine, and have some Bad Assed rides. I have
attached a couple of pictures. The first is Drew Jordan and Kelley from Left to Right. Remember they are 12 and 14

Awesome story bro. If you're ever down our way they can hang with my boys (twin 14 year olds).
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:28 AM   #568
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Awesome story bro. If you're ever down our way they can hang with my boys (twin 14 year olds).
Thanks Russ I appreciate the offer. I am coming to the Skeeter Owners tourny next year, will hook up.

I am trying to get a good photo for you but everything has shadows.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #569
MaureenM@RC

Drives: 2018 EQUINOX

Very nice story, if only every little boy and girl could be so lucky to have an Uncle like you!
MaureenM@RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #570
showstopper

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
did i miss any pics of the engine compartment?
showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #571
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet View Post

Very nice story, if only every little boy and girl could be so lucky to have an Uncle like you!
Thanks Maureen. I know the feeling and have been warned that I can't save the world, LOL I don't think kids realize things like this, I know I didn't when I was growing up, but as they get older they figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showstopper View Post
did i miss any pics of the engine compartment?
Pete I took some of the engine bay at night with the LED's. Unfortunately while I was at the gathering my battery died and of course I didn't bring the charger. I have a couple of things being done right now and as soon as I get them back I will get some good pictures of the engine bay and post them. No worries your stuff was all the rage at the Fbodygathering. I am surprised that you haven't been called recently about some of the things that was done to my car, especially the mirrors and radiator shroud.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #572
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Those mirror are nice. Scott even commented on them as I snagged him to sign your car. Glad you showed up when you did. I didn't know where you wanted his sig! (Oh he even asked me if I brought 2 5th Gens to the Gathering), lol!
Old 06-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #573
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Bro, I knew you were a good person, but this post tugs hard at my heart strings... wow, just wow, what a man, a father and a good person you are, and what a great home you and Kel provide for these boys...Awesome...your stock in my view just went through the stratosphere...

Those two boys, in spite of all they have been through, are fortunate to have family that truly understands what "family" is all about...

now if only I had the ability to really do this,

the University of Alabama would like to extend these full ride scholarships to... Jordan and Drew...

What a couple of horses you have..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #574
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
J-
I love seeing those pictures. That's one good lookin' family! Why are you wearing socks and no shoes outside? I can understand barefoot, but socks?
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote