Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-22-2015, 05:52 AM   #43
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
The pic was because you posted a thread asking for opinions. Didn't get the ones you wanted. Then posted a second thread accusing people of being afraid of change because we answered honestly to your question.

Lots of us have aftermarket wheels that aren't replicas.

My thoughts exactly. If you can't take the heat, don't ask for opinions. People were honest and answered up, and he is all butt hurt and making accusations. Get over it.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:32 AM   #44
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:43 AM   #45
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Well it is the Internet sooooooooo just sayn.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:30 AM   #46
BGKySS

Drives: Cyber Grey 2010 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4510 View Post
Well since you asked...

IMHO your car is way over done..

You have stripes going all different directions that don't flow at all. Looks like you just saw something else to stick on your car and did it. The C stripe is VERY Ford Mustang, and while I have a Ford.. I'm not running any SS badges on it.

I'm a fan of 5 spokes... so I don't like your rims

Not a fan of the green headlights either.. where did that idea come from?

So... cars are art... but in the words of Gunnery Sergeant Hartmann "Yours is so ugly it could be a modern art masterpiece!"

I'm with you on this one. I can appreciate that the OP has probably put a fair amount of time in his car but to me (since you asked for opinions) the car just does not work together
It looks like 10 lbs of vinyl in a 5lb bag, the halo color doesn't go with the black white theme and the chrome wheels do not seem to look right on the car, but I cannot put out why they don't.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:40 AM   #47
JD-ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Send a message via Yahoo to JD-ZL1
been there too !! NICE :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
NICE
Lingenfelter LPE idler relocation bracket
DynaTech SupperMaxx LT headers/Supercats
BMR 1" lowering springs
BMR toe rods, BMR trailing arms,
Z/28 wicker bill extension.
HAWK HPS, MRR228's, M/T ET SS's P305/35-20
JD-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:09 AM   #48
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
To modify a car to taste is in ones own eye and subjective to what they feel makes it look better, as beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For me and my wife we hate white, she had some turd of a Toyota she bought new for many years in white and learned to hate it, to me its a fleet vehicle color.. Your dodge fender hash marks ..well dodgy.. your side stripes kind of crooked scallops to the lines of the car..... your wheels kind of modern in appearance.

But hey that's IMO and that's what life is about...and the green halos ..show only, bunch of time invested to make it just look cooler for ego... I know I did things to my car to my taste.. I did side rocker stripes like a stang many would say: but also like many other cars, I got rear window louvers like a stang and also like some other gens of Camaro and vette etc etc, I bought wheels I got from Tennessee shipped here to Oregon for over 2k.... just to get what I found tasteful... I bought a this and that because it performs better or looks better in my opinion and that's what being a hot rodder can be about. The only reason to be butt hurt is if too many hate on it and it makes you wonder and doubt your own taste.

But hey really if you look at your car as a whole, its more of a case of a little over done on the stripes, and that's really about it as I myself have thought about old school scalloping the hood and how nice it would look on my car...lol though I am holding out for the ram feed to my cai hood car hood that will cost a lot and to have painted..lol

But the nice thing is you can always change things...... like at one time I had gold rocker stripes and spears .... I had a regular non zl1 spoiler, I had stock wheels, I had a stock engine and stock suspension, and stock interior and stock lights and etc etc.... And someday I will be able to afford the frill of ground effects and ditch the rocker stripes most likely, but for now they help protect my paint and set off the looks of the car for cheap...$30 And people like the looks generally never heard a mustang guy say hey...you stole my stripes...lol that's like a chevelle guy saying hey you stole my rally stripes..... And how boring the world would be if we were all the same...... like in .........
Old 03-22-2015, 11:10 AM   #49
Stunzy

Drives: 2014 Camaro V6
[QUOTE=4510;8310338]Well since you asked...

IMHO your car is way over done..

You have stripes going all different directions that don't flow at all. Looks like you just saw something else to stick on your car and did it. The C stripe is VERY Ford Mustang, and while I have a Ford.. I'm not running any SS badges on it.

I'm a fan of 5 spokes... so I don't like your rims

Not a fan of the green headlights either.. where did that idea come from?

So... cars are art... but in the words of Gunnery Sergeant Hartmann "Yours is so ugly it could be a modern art masterpiece!"

Okay thanks. I've never had someone explain to me in so much detail about everything that is wrong with my car. Thanks again! **** this forum and every prick in it!
Stunzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:16 AM   #50
BrutalSS

Drives: 2010 Hennessey Camaro
I like your new wheels Biohazard, they will look sweet. My favorite though are your alien hands lol.
BrutalSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:22 AM   #51
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
apparently honesty is not always the best policy

Old 03-22-2015, 11:34 AM   #52
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunzy View Post
Okay thanks. I've never had someone explain to me in so much detail about everything that is wrong with my car. Thanks again! **** this forum and every prick in it!
Why be nasty about it? and why get your feelings hurt? You ASKED people for their opinions and you got them. It's what you wanted. Did you just expect everyone to say how great your car is? ..

Now, you can either take their advice or you can ignore it. If you are happy with the car, then that's all that matters. Nothing anyone else says means anything. However, If you are looking to make changes, then listen up. I did not give an opinion on your car because I could see this coming a mile away.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:34 AM   #53
tjk_art

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Lol Calm down! You seem very upset. No reason to name call.
Quote:
tjk_art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:51 AM   #54

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Rally Yellow
Wow, sensitive? You could see from your first thread that not everyone shared your vision so you came back with this thread and an attitude. But, if many of us have opinions you don't like, just remember when you roll to a car show, others will have the same opinion. So either thicken up your hide and be happy with your art, or accept constructive criticism and make changes. The choice is yours. Friends will tell you what you need to hear not what you want to hear.
I think I see a trend here....
4510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:49 PM   #55
slvrsrpnt

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
looks sharp, those wheels don't look like fun to keep clean though
slvrsrpnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:32 PM   #56
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
good luck with your car. there is no way even you could like them rims. when people spend money and they make a mistake they will do and say anything to them selfs that what they did looks good. I bet if you had the money them rims would be gone ASAP. save YOUR MONEY AND GET RID OF THEM. they kill the whole car on what you did
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote